27'NIMBI

“I said where are the others?” his voice was demanding. Nagulat na lang ako nang magsalita siya ulit. I never thought I could see the former Bearer of the Leo.

     So siya pala ang ama ni Kuting. Nakakatakot ang presensiya niya.

     “They already went back to their rooms,” I heard Xayl’ answered to him.

     “Call them back,” he seriously commanded. Agad namang gumalaw si Xayl’ at ginamit ang pintuan niya upang puntahan ang mga kasamahan namin.

     “It’s my honor to meet you, Loki,” Suwan bowed her head a little kaya ginawa na rin namin iyon ni Adiya.

     “You’re Suwan from Cancer Region, right?” he used his authoritative voice.

     “Y-yes, Loki,” Suwan stuttered.

     “You’re the daughter of Arda. Adiya?”

     “Yes, Loki.”

     “H’m. . . . And you’re Racchina . . . a Renewed Blood.”

     “Yes, Loki,” I replied.

     He nodded looking at us. Bigla namang nagsidatingan ang iba at nagulat nang makita ang lalakeng nakatayo sa harapan namin. They bowed their heads to the former Bearer of Leo.

     “I am Loki, the former Bearer of Leo,” ohe introduced again and I saw their eyes widened.

     “So, you’re the father of Zyke?” Irgo aksed.

     “I am,” he answered, then glanced at his son, Zyke. Agad naman niyang ibinalik ang tingin sa lahat. “I will be the one to teach you how to release your nimbi.

     “Where is my mother?” Adiya asked worriedly.

     “She’s into something important, Adiya.”

     “Is she okay?”

     “She’s okay,” he answered. “Now, line up so we can start,” he ordered so we did.

     “Nimbus,” he started. “It’s the life energy that flows inside your body. In order to release it, you must feel and hear it.” He continued, “And to be able to do that, you must remove all the weights, the fears and wrath from your bodies.

     “Iba,” he called above. “Release them from the spell.”

     It only took a second before my body became so light that if it would just be facing against a great wind, it would flow away with the air.

     “Oh my goodness! I’m so light!” Gemida couldn’t believe.

     “That’s the payback of the physical training that you have undergone,” he let us know. “Now. Close your eyes.”

     We closed our eyes.

     “Take a deep breath.”

     We did.

     “Feel the energy that flows within you. Hear it drips inside your body. Let it flow and then . . . release it,” his voice was demanding.

     A minute of silence.

     “Open your eyes.”

     And we did open our eyes.

     We heard Euai laughed. “’Kala ko talaga, nailabas ko na nimbus ko, ‘di pa pala.”

     I sighed.

     “Very good, Zyke, Xayluz and Adiya,” Loki complimented nang magawa nilang ipalabas ang mga nimbus nila.

     Napatitig naman ako kay Xayluz ‘tsaka kay Adiya na katabi ko. Napakagaling nila. The nimbi covered their whole bodies. The yellowish light they had was seen by everyone. Its warmth somehow made us feel comfortable. It was really amazing.

    “Zyke, Xayluz, Adiya, come forward and face your co-Bearers.” Agad naman nilang ginawa ‘yon. Loki continued to speak, “Once your nimbus is released, you can already transform it to a Gate Key by concentrating it in one area―your hand.”

     Then, the three extended their hands forward. Their nimbi seemed to be moving so fast, spiraling their till it gathered in their hands. And in a blink of an eye, those became Gate Keys.

     “Wow!” Kases interjected. Nakakabilib naman talaga. Napakanda ng Gate Keys nila. Matagal ko na ring ‘di nakikita’t nahaawakan ang Gate Key ko, no’ng sa Capricorn Ruin pa.

     “And when you already have your Keys, you can already summon your Celestial Spirits by opening their Zodiac Gates,” Loki ended.

     “Leo. . . .” Zyke uttered, then from the tip of his Gate Key appeared a magic circle that would serve as the Spirit’s gate.

     “Sagittarius. . . .” Xayl’ summoned and a magic circle also appeared.

     “Aquarius. . . .” Adiya called.

     Napalunok naman ako. They’re really going to summon their Spirits. At alam lahat kami’y gusto naming makita sila.

     Few seconds passed but they were still not able to let them out of Celestial World. Their faces told us that they’re somehow feeling fatigue. Their hands started to shake and sweats were already dripping from their faces. At sa ilang sandali pa’y unti-unting naglalaho ang mga magic circles nila.

     “Ugh!” Adiya groaned at bigla na lang siyang napaluhod. Her key disappeared at ganoon din ang nangyari kina Xayl’ at Zyke.

     “But summoning your Spirits requires so much of your life energy,” he explained why the three weren’t able to summon them.

     “Loki. We need you outside.”

     Napatingin na lang kami sa isang babaeng kapapasok lang mula sa isang pintuan. May sugat siya sa balikat niya’t marami rin siyang mga pasa.

     I saw Loki’s worried reaction and I didn’t know if it was only my imagination but I felt like his face looked like he’s scared.

     Nakaramdam na naman ako ng kaba. The first time was when Lorfia was interrupted with a man. At ngayon ko lang natandaang marami rin itong mga pasa. The second one was when Arda was not into her own self. At ngayon . . . I saw a worried reaction on his face.

     “Is there something we need to know?” my lips opened and asked on its own. He stopped from opening his door when he heard me questioned. Napakunot-noo siya’t minsan pa’y binaliwala ako’t papasok na sana nang pinagtaasan ko siya ng boses. “Tell me. Is there something wrong?” I raised my voice.

     Napahinto siya’t bakas sa mukha niya ang pagkairita. “No, Renewed Blood. There’s nothing wrong.”

     “You’re lying.” Napatingin naman kami kay Taru na seryusong nakatitig kay Loki. “I am a Virgo. I’m good at noticing everything.

     “I don’t have time to talk with you, Virgo. And even you, Capricorn.”

     “Sabihin mo sa amin kung ano’ng nangyayari sa labas!” I yelled. I didn’t know why I did it. I just felt I had to.

     Loki sighed; looked at me. Without a choice, he said, “Your region . . . is under attack.”

* * *