21'A KISS

I wiped the tears that flew on my cheeks. I hated to cry but that Kuting left me no choice. Inalala ko na lang kung paano mahahanap ang inner peace nang sa ganoon ay baka may pag-asa pang makasali ako bukas.

     An hour passed but I still couldn’t focus. I sighed, ganito na ba talaga ako kahina?

     “Racchina.” I turned around to see the owner of the voice. It was Narvya. “Racchina,” she called again, already noticed how sad I was.

     “Narvya, what are you doing here?” I questioned while I stood up.

     “Are you okay?” she pretended she didn’t know.

     “H’m. I’m okay,” I opted to reply, then wore a smile.

     She sighed with concern drawn on her face. “I heard what happened in the dining room,” she admitted and walked toward me. Nawala naman kaagad ang spell na bumalot sa paligid at tuluyan na itong bumalik sa dating anyo nito―training room. She stopped right in front of me. “It’s the Council’s agreement to already proceed to the next training. It was not Zyke’s own decision,” she said, her other palm over her belly.

     “Okay lang naman sa akin,” I said. “I know I can find inner peace sooner or later. I can just join them after. That’s not a problem,” I pretended to be okay pero hindi naman talaga. Mas’yado akong nanghihinayang sa oportunidad na makasali sa training.

     Narvya just stared at me so worriedly, observing the features of my face and then . . . she hugged me so passionately. I frowned. I felt something strange. Her embrace seemed to be warm. It felt so comforting that it made my eyes close subconsciously.

     “I know you can do it, ‘China,” she whispered in my ear and after a second she already loosened her embrace. “Um . . . I’m s-sorry,” she excused, realizing that she just hugged me.

     “It’s okay,” I gave a quick smile.

     She stared at my face again. “I’ll go,” she informed.

     “Thank you, Narvya,” I thanked, then she smiled and already went on her way. But before she could pass through her door, she looked back at me. “Would you like me to teach you find inner peace?”

     A smile suddenly blossomed on my lips. “Yes,” I answered. Wala na sigurong mas bibilis na paraan upang mahanap ang inner peace kundi ang malaman iyon mula sa isang dating Bearer.

     “Hold my hand,” she extended her hand and I grabbed for it. “To my room,” she uttered, then we already passed through. Agad naman kaming iniluwa ng pintuan niya sa isang malaking silid na punong-puno ng mga bulaklak bilang mga dekorasyon. Napakanda ng silid niya’t napakabango. “Pasensiya na, ‘China. I just like my room to be like this, though it already looks like a garden.”

     “Ang ganda. . . .” I was amazed staring at the green flower at the end of the room. It was so lovely at ngayon ko lang ito nakita sa buong buhay ko. I bent my face forward to observe it and I realized that it looked like a rose, it’s just that it’s green that it somehow blended with its leaves. Halos hindi mo nga mapapansing may bulaklak ang halaman dahil magkakulay lang ang mga ito.

     “Would you believe that it’s an Acchina flower?” I stood up straight and looked at her next to me, trying to confirm what I just heard. “H’m,” she confirmed. “It’s one of the 12 rarest flowers in Zoidion. Each region has one,” she let me know. “Haven’t you seen one in Capricorn Region?”

     I shook my head. Kahit na nakatira kami sa Capricorn Forest ay wala akong napansin o nakitang bulaklak na kasing ganda ng bulaklak na nasa harapan ko.

     “H’m? You should see one. They said, it can grant a wish. It’s just that it’s so rare that it only blooms every 12 years in the days of your Sign. And it only lives for a year after.”

     “Then did your wish come true?” I asked.

     She smiled. “Yes.” She picked up one of the three Acchina flowers and placed it upon my right ear. “Tried to look at the mirror.”

     I moved my feet to be at the mirror. I looked at myself and saw how beautiful the flower was in my hair.

     “The flower looks so good on you.”

     “Thank you,” I uttered and then, the room disappeared and turned to be my training place. But I sensed slight changes. There were already Acchina flowers circling the lake.

     “Go on and find inner peace, Racchina,” Narvya’s voice echoed and then I already sat down and closed my eyes.

     I took a deep breath.

     Capricorn. . . . I called in the midst of darkness. Capricorn. . . . I whispered in my mind before seeing a star twinkled from afar. Another star brightened until the darkness was lessened. Nakikita ko ngayon ang napakaraming mga bituin sa paligid. They were shining bright.

     Capricorn. . . . I whispered again, then a constellation appeared in front of me. It was Capricorn’s. You’re here. I was glad.

     Racchina. . . . his voice echoed. I am glad to see you again, the voice was heard as the stars twinkled.

     And so do I, Capricorn, I answered with gladness. Can you help me find inner peace?

     He did not answer for a few seconds. But he did after it, As you wish.

     And just that, the darkness came back.

     Capricorn? I called with fear.

     I am Capricorn, the Celestial Spirit of your Zodiac Region. . . . a voice roared throughout the great abyss where I was in. A great light was growing and covering around. I give you the path to the Celestial World. A great wind covered me. It roared in a minute and when everything calmed down . . . I heard Capricorn whispered in my ear before I finally opened my eyes. You are now linked to the path to the Celestial World, Rare Blood. . . .

     I opened my eyes and panted. “Capricorn,” I uttered with a smile.

     “Well done, Racchina,” Narvya said. I’m already in her room. I stood up but I fell down in great fatigue . . .

     “Sleep well . . . Dracchinavya.”

     . . . and I before I fell into a total unconsciousness, I felt a kiss on my forehead.

* * *