47'FINAL ENCHANTMENT

“Are you . . . done?”

     Halos hindi ako makahinga nang makita siyang nakatayo pa rin sa kinatatayuan niya. Halos inilabas na namin ang lakas namin ngunit hindi pa rin namin nagawang talunin ang kalaban.

     We gritted our teeth. Somehow, we felt the fear that’s already crawling inside our bodies. Ramdam na namin ang panghihina ng aming mga katawan. Kahit na nakakatayo pa rin ang kalaba’y alam naming napuruhan namin ito, pero alam din naming may ibubuga pa ito, habang kami’y wala na.

     “We’re not yet done,” Con lied. “We’re going to kill you!” Galit niya.

     We saw how Ordon’s face turned to be serious and angry. Tila ba’y punong-puno na ito sa amin. What came next was his scream that was heard all over Zoidion. Ang galit nito’y makikita sa mukha nito. And in a few seconds, nagulat na lang kami nang bigla siyang unti-unting lumalaki.

     We couldn’t take our eyes away from him. At habang lumalaki nang lumalaki ito’y mas lalo naming nararamdaman ang takot.

     His head already touched the clouds―napakalaki na niya. After a second ay tuluyan nang naging ahas ang buo niyang katawan. We couldn’t see any Ordon anymore. And when the serpent’s eyes fixed its eyes on us, nakadama agad kami ng takot. But we chose to overcome it and attack the serpent. Pinaulanan namin iyon ng atake ngunit hindi man lang ito nagawang galusan ang kalaban.

     Ilang sandal pa’y inihampas nito ang napakalaking bunto’t sa amin. We bolted downward when it landed on us.

     “I am Ordon, and I will rule over Zoidion!” we heard a voice coming from the serpent’s mouth, and we knew it was from Ordon.

     We tried to attack him again but to no avail. He’s large enough for us to be able to scratch his scales. And he’s power was never lessened.

     We screamed again when his tail and poison fire hit us. We felt an excruciating pain we never felt before.

     “Hindi natin siya kaya,” Taru uttered habang pinipilit naming makatayo.

     “I’m out of energy, sa tingin ko’y hindi ko na kayang ipagtanggol ang mundo natin,” Con spoke before us.

     Nakadama naman kami ng lungkot. Lahat kami’y nakakaramdam na rin ng pagod. Wala na kaming maibubuga; we’re out of energy and we couldn’t even move a finger anymore.

     A minute of silence ruled us. Nawawalan na kami ng pag-asa. Pero . . .

     “Our regions . . .” simula ko, “our people, our families and friends . . .” I looked at them, “The Zoidion. They believe us, they trusted us to protect them. Tell me who’s going to give up. We have to fight for them, we have to fight for our world . . . even if it means our lives,” I encouraged. “Who’s with me?”

     Slowly, one at a time, they stood up, telling me we’re one.

     “For Zoidion,” I started.

     “For Zoidion,” they blurted in chorus.

     Then, we already floated above air, gathering the last energy we had. We surrounded the serpent in circle as to the order of Zodiac Signs. We closed our eyes and calmed ourselves.

     This is our last fight. This is our last chance. It’s now . . . or never.

     “Do you really think you can beat me! Death will be given to those who against me! I will kill you one by one!” he yelled, then threw Euai a ball of poison covered with lightning. But before it could land on Euai, a red magic circle appeared under her feet. It made the serpent’s attack be repelled back to him.

     “Damn!” he cursed when his own attack landed on him.

     “Measure heaven, open heaven. . . .” we chanted in unison as magic circles showed up from under our feet, one by one.

     The words kept on appearing inside our heads like the stars entrusted us the greatest spell to defeat the darkness. “Make unto our body as to shine with the radiance of the countless stars. . . .” Then our body glowed brighter than before.

     “You can never defeat me!” Ordon’s voice echoed as lightning struck us but the light that came from our bodies became our shield.

     “Tetra biblos, we are the Bearers of the Stars!” we uttered and then our magic circles produced another lines and curves as if to draw ornaments toward the center where the serpent was located. “Aspect, cast open the Gate of Perfect Malevolence. . . .” A vast magic circle was drawn from our magic circles.

     Ordon kept on attacking but to no avail.

     “The 88 Stars of the heaven . . .” We opened our eyes. “Shine,” then zodiac lights appeared in front of each Bearer. We held it and, “Urano Meteoria!” threw it toward the center.

     Twelve Zodiac Light Beams hit the serpent. It made a great light in Zoidion and the people saw the great light above the sky, defeating our greatest enemy.

     A minute after, the light covered the whole Zoidion, telling that a new day would come.

* * *