41'13TH KEY

◎⊙◎

We saw Ordon standing on his feet, realizing that he did not able to hinder us from summoning our Spirits.

     He wore a serious and a heated face but a his eyes, he smiled evilly and said, “It’s nice to see you again, Celestial Spirits . . .” he trailed off.

     We then sensed danger. Every Spirit was taken aback when they saw who was he. At alam kong alam nila kong sino siya.

     “Ordon,” Leo called in disbelief. “How come you’re alive? We’ve already defeated you long time ago.”

     Ordon snorted. “Or so you thought. I trade my soul into darkness just to get revenge,” his face was serious. “I was imprisoned for centuries, and it’s all because of my sisters and brothers!” galit niya. “But now that I’m finally back, I will make sure that the 13th region will be established!”

     “That will never happen!” Taurus exclaimed, then he waved his ax sideward. Three blades bolted toward Ordon. But we never expected him to repel it with one gesture of his hand. The two blades of Taurus took flight toward Zyke and I.

     Bigla naman akong kinabahan. “Ca-Capricorn . . .” I muttered in fear, ayaw kong matamaan ng blade ng isang Celestial Spirit, sure I would die.

     “Don’t worry, Racchina,” Capricorn voiced out, as he just made his right hand be our shield.

     The blade bumped on Capricorn’s bracelet and it bounced back to Taurus’ ax.

     Leo did the same thing.

     I sighed in relief. I saw Ordon’s face so irritated with what Taurus had done.

     “You really are into fight, huh?” he gritted his teeth in anger but after a second it turned to be devilish. “Want to mind if Ophiuchus joins the reunion?” And just that his playful smile had gone to seriousness, then the beam of dark light disappeared but the magic circle did not stop getting bigger and bigger. In just a blink of an eye, the 13th Key was already in his hand. “With the darkness that resides in my heart . . .”

     We sensed peril.

     “Racchina,” Capricorn called me, “we have to stop him before he could summon Ophiuchus,” he reminded, and I knew the other Spirits, too, to their Bearers.

     “H’m,” I agreed.

     “Leo!” Scorpio yelled, then Leo moved so fast like Con’s ability but it’s way more complicated. In just a split second, he could already appear wherever he wanted to be. And now he’s already in front of Ordon, snatching the Key from him as he disappeared after and got back beside Zyke.

     But Ordon was able to motion his hand and the Key which Leo was holding bolted back toward him.

     Agad namang iniangat ni Libra ang isang scale niya’t bigla na lang napaluhod si Ordon.

     Pisces swam in the air and grasped the Key but Ordon was able to push Libra and Drok with a distance using his telekinetic power. Agad naman niyang ibinagsak si Pisces sa lupa and motioned the Key to get back. But before he could take hold of it, he was already chained with Capricorn’s vines.

     Sagittarius concentrated his arrow to the Key, and then released it with accuracy. It collided onto the Key and pushed it a distance toward Aries.

     Aries just waved the left side of his coat and the arrow stopped in front of him. He took the Key and the arrow disappeared.

     Ordon screamed in displeasure. He couldn’t get away from Capricorn’s vines. Everytime he tried to move, the vines only squished him tight.

     “We will not let you succeed, Ordon. We will defeat you, again,” Aquarius voiced, remaining calm in her position.

     Ordon grinned evilly. “Not now, Spirits. I’ll make sure I will make it this time. 13th region will be created!” Then the vast magic circle made an annoying sound above as it got larger and larger.

     “Uh-oh! It’s not good,” the twins with their charming tone of voices mumbled in unison, seeing the magic circle above.

     “Once it covers the Zoidion, the ritual will finally be accomplished . . .” he trailed off with a wicked smile, “It will change the people’s Signs. And the whole Zoidion will be the Ophiuchus Region where I will rule over!” He ended with a teasing giggle.

     “Raucous mouth!” Scorpio muttered and then whacked Ordon’s face with her whip-like stinger hair.

     Ordon spitted blood and looked at Scorpio evilly. “Now, release me and give me the Key,” he ordered. Bigla naman akong lumatang kasama si Euai and it seemed like the Spirits didn’t notice it because we’re behind them. I felt my neck being choked and I knew it was Ordon’s fault. We forgot that he could still use his power without the use of his hands, after all, his mind was his advantage.

     “’China!” Xayluz called out, seeing what was really happening. Naalarma naman ang lahat ng Spirits at akmang susugod kay Ordon. But Ordon swore he would kill Euai and I, if they would make a wrong move.

     “You’re evil!” Cancer voiced out.

     He chuckled. “I always am,” he smiled triumphantly. “Release me, Capricorn or I will kill Racchina!” he threatened with an devil laugh.

     “Racchina . . .” alala ni Capricorn sa akin nang makita niya ang luha sa pisngi ko while I tried to hold on. He shifted his eyes to the enemy and the vines stopped on chaining him. “You have to release all the Bearers!” Capricorn yelled but Ordon denied it.

     “I won’t,” he grinned. “Aries! Give me the Key or your Bearer will suffer!”

     “D-don’t g-give it, Ar-ries,” hirap na sambit ni Euai.

     “Aries, don’t give it,” Leo told him.
     A worried face was seen on Aries’ face. Euai was suffering from Ordon’s power, and he couldn’t just stare at his own Bearer, hurting. So he threw the key to Ordon.

     Everyone protested but it’s too late. Ordon, with a triumphant grin, had already hoisted the key upward.

     Halos manikip ang dibdib ko sa kaba. I wasn’t yet ready to see the Spirit, Ophiuchus.

     “I summon the Spirit of the Serpent Bearer . . . come out and pass through thy Zodiac Gate . . .”

     At mas lalo pa akong kinabahan. Just the thought of him, summoning the 13th Spirit made us immobile. And when he blurted the Spirit’s name, “Ophiuchus!” we held our breath tight, waiting to see the darkness that covered around the Spirit.

     A second passed.

     Two seconds.

     A few more seconds, but the Gate Key didn’t release any magic circle from the tip of it.

     We waited but to no avail.

     And then, Gemini, the twins’ laughs and giggles were audible. It echoed in the Great Circle and I knew it was insulting for Ordon. “He’s so funny. Isn’t he, Peri?” Reri, the girl asked between her giggles while holding her stomach.

     “He’s funny, Reri!” Peri replied and they clapped their hands to each other. Pero natigilan na lang kami when we saw Reri holding a Gate Key. Our eyes widened, it looked similar as the 13th one―no, it’s the real one!

     Then all the Celestial Spirits laughed, realizing that Peri and Reri just duplicated the key, leaving Ordon heated in anger more than ever.

     And with the humiliation, he’s sure he would make us pay.

* * *