{C h a p t e r 13}

Hey! So I'm finally back on wattpad and I plan to be on here almost everyday from now on! School starts tomorrow for me though.

4,001 reads 642 votes 511 comments

Dedicated to the awesome GabLynn because her comments always make me smile and she's really awesome.

<> * <> * <> * <> * <> * <> * <> * <> * <> *<>

The three of us sat near the fire, all thinking about one thing-- how we are going to escape from this forest without arousing suspicion from the enemy. The Keeper broached the silence suddenly, "So this is kind of stressful, anyone want some chocolate?"

I frowned at the Keeper when I realized what he said would not help us at all. started to suspect that the Keeper was indeed going bonkers or something along those lines. We were thinking about ways to escape our predicament and hoping that the Keeper would help us somehow with his brilliance. When he opens his mouth for the first time after a long time of silence, he asks if we want chocolate.

I looked at Fawaz and after analysing his facial expression for a second, realized that he was thinking of things along the same lines as I was.

The Keeper, probably realizing that we never replied to his question, exclaimed, "It is scientifically proven, even by humans in Mia's world, that chocolate-- especially dark chocolate-- is good for stress. Are you feeling stressful?" The Keeper looked at each of us with an expectant face, as if wanting us to answer.

Fawaz and I nodded in unison, not knowing what to say. Fawaz looked at me though and made a motion with his hands to tell me that he thought the Keeper had truly gone bonkers.

The Keeper proceeded to say, "A recent study by the people of Mia's strange world has shown that eating dark chocolate may lower stress hormone levels in people who are feeling stressed out. Since we are fortunate enough to have chocolate that is so rare in Eshkaza, I thought we'd eat some because we are all stressed, no?"

Fawaz leaned over to me and whispered in a loud voice, "He has an addiction to chocolate, and views it as the solution to every problem."

The Keeper wagged his finger at Fawaz and warned, "I totally heard that and you're in trouble!"

Fawaz just shrugged and said, "Sorry but not sorry."

The Keeper whispered to me, "Fawaz is a bit rude sometimes but do please ignore him. Anyways, I'll go get the chocolate now." He left the room, leaving only Fawaz and I.

I asked Fawaz, "You guys also have chocolate? I thought it was something only we have..."

Fawaz replied, "One of the people from the past who managed to find the key to this world from your world brought the recipe for making chocolate with him, and gave it to our family. So only we have chocolate, I love it too. If anyone doesn't like chocolate, they deserve to go down to the enemy's dungeons-- which is a terrifying place."

"I'm a chocolate lover too, I mean, who doesn't like the insanely goodness that happens to be called chocolate? But... aren't we supposed to be, you know..." I trailed off.

Fawaz finished my question for me and answered it, "Stressing out about the awful situation we're in? Don't worry, I know that my grandfather is thinking about it. Just do what he says and as long as we're with him, we don't have to use our brains! Well, we do have to use them to talk and stuff... but you know what I mean."

"Yup I do, want to play rock-paper-scissors to pass the time?" I blurted out randomly, after a short time of silence.

"Hm? Is that when you wrap a rock with paper and try to cut it in half?" Fawaz asked with a perplexed expression on his face.