{C h a p t e r 9}

Alright! I finally got time to sit down in front of my laptop and write chapter 9, so yay! *does happy dance*

Be warned though, there may be grammatical errors throughout the chapter but I'll be editing it throughout the day! Thanks for reading, don't forget to vote and comment! :)

***********

My mind was fuzzy, the last remnants of a dream, about some magical world and a notebook, was chased away by the realization that I was awake again. With a mental sigh, I allowed my brain to focus on reality and cautiously opened one of my eyes, expecting sunshine to be bathing my skin while I laid on my left side. What I saw was darkness with a sliver of light coming from the stairs, my eyes were confused and dazzled by the bright glare from the light. I looked around and could see dark lumps of furniture, I looked up towards the source of the sliver of light and saw a dark figure standing at the top of the stairs.

Suddenly it all came back to me, I was in a basement in my aunt's mansion instead of my beautiful purple-colored room. I used to always wake up to the sun annoyingly in my eyes, I missed my past life. I looked down at my hands and saw that I was holding the journal that had transported me to a wonderful, magical world where I was supposed to be the girl chosen to save that world from disaster, I wished I could go back to that world not only because of its sheer beauty but also because I liked adventure and wanted to escape from my life on Earth.

"Are you deaf? Or what?"

I looked back towards the dark figure on the top of the stairs and suddenly realized that it was my aunt. With yet another mental sigh, I said, "salutations, Mrs. Sterning."

"Alright, get up now and start preparing the breakfast."

"But what will I do?" I asked, hoping it was not anything too bad.

"You will set the table and do anything the cook wants you to, but after that you will come back to your room before 8:00 and Betsy will call you to come out when the breakfast time comes. Any questions?"

"Can I have ten more minutes before I go to the kitchen so that I can prepare myself?" I still had to go shower and change.

"Yes, I'll be looking for you in the kitchen in precisely ten minutes, not a second later. Alright, bye," My aunt quickly turned on the lights in the basement and after getting out of my basement, she closed the door.

I closed my eyes to prevent the sudden light to blind my eyes, I was alone again. I opened one eye cautiously and slowly let it adjust to the sudden light, soon I opened both eyes and remembered that I only had around nine more minutes until I had to be in the kitchen.

Grabbing my clothing and all the things I needed for a quick shower, I raced up the stairs and opened my door. The tall table with the flower vase was not in front of the door, so my effort to carefully open the door without breaking the vase was useless. I rapidly found my way to the shower room that Betsy had shown me earlier and quickly took a cold shower to wake me up, since I could not ask my aunt for a cup of coffee to do the purpose of the cold shower. I changed and after putting the tangled mess that was my hair into a messy bun, I raced out of the room and headed towards the kitchen.

"Barely in time, marvelous!" exclaimed my aunt while she looked at me from the top down, "Now you just have to fully set the table and then clean around the house, just make yourself helpful. I'm going to start back to my bedroom now and finish my beauty sleep."stifled stifled a yawn and walked out of the kitchen.

I suddenly sensed a movement to my right and saw that it was a plump, medium-aged lady who was clothed in a white shirt, with two columns of black buttons across the front. She also had on a chef's hat which made her look taller than she actually was, she looked at me in a grumpy manner and said, "Hello, I am Lydia the Chef and Mrs. Sterning informed me that you're going to help me out in the morning every day from now on. So now set the table according to this sheet."