{C h a p t e r 12}

RECAP

I sat down and the Keeper started to tell me the story of the world of Eshkaza.

"It was many, many years ago when the first creatures in both this world and your world appeared, the elves. I don't know a lot about them during that time except the things that my elf friends have told me about long ago, except for the fact that they were the ones who created all these forests and basically all things that live. We appeared much after the elves because elves have existed for what seemed like forever for us, while elves tell us that there was a long time where there were no human-like creatures. We were powerless and--"

"THUD, THUD... THUD"

Someone was at the door! The Keeper looked at us and whispered, "Hide!"

<> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <>

Fawaz circled my wrist with his hands and led me to the gold colored wall right behind the chair where the Keeper was sitting a few moments ago. I looked at him and cried out in a whisper, "You know, hiding does not consist of standing in front of a wall..."

I began to go in the direction of a door that was on the other side of the room, but Fawaz yanked me back to him, I said in a panicky voice, "Please, let me hide!"

Fawaz made me look straight at him and stated, "There is a secret door here, just listen to me and be calm. You don't yet know the ways of this world, but by the end of this journey you will. For now, simply do what I tell you to do." Fawaz reached out his hand and made a motion on the wall as if trying to draw a line on it.

The Keeper looked at us and said urgently, "Quicker, they are going to break open the door soon!"

I could not move to hide in one of the other rooms because Fawaz had an iron grip over my left hand and I could not move away no matter how my I tried to do so. My heart beat rapidly and my legs were turning into jelly.

Deep down in my heart, I knew that if the people outside the cottages ever saw me, I would mysteriously vanish from the face of planet Earth forever. As my thoughts dwelled on that thought, my heartbeat quickened until the sound of my heart pounding in my ears became louder than the sounds of the people outside, talking. Despite the fact that I hated my life on Earth and never wanted to see my aunt ever again in my life, I still wanted to go back there eventually. I wanted to go back to the mansion where my mother had grown up in, I miss my parents so much.

THUD... BAM BAM! I was jerked out of my thoughts as the noises of the people hitting the door to the cottage got louder. I looked at the direction of the door and it was terrifying to see how the door was shaking, as if it will break from its hinges anytime. I looked at where Fawaz was at the door and saw that he had made no progress and had a panicked expansion on his face.

The Keeper suddenly yelled, "I'm coming! Wait a second though, my back is killing me..." then he turned to us and whispered, "Fawaz, focus more on getting the door out. You're making progress!"

Fawaz nodded and I only looked at the Keeper with a confused expression on my face that probably also had worry mixed into it, mirroring my thoughts. The Keeper murmured, "Just do whatever Fawaz tells you to do, you'll be okay."

A person on the other side of the door yelled, "Hurry up or we will break open the door!"

Suddenly a small thin line appeared on the wall where Fawaz had touched with his finger and then the line spread out to form what looked like a door on the wall. There was a keyhole in the middle of the door, but Fawaz had no key with him.