{C h a p t e r 1}

Hey! So I accidentally deleted my Chapter 1 and so here it is again, but with the beginning 1000 words taken from the prologue (so that's why the prologue is shorter now). I hope I can get my 40 or so votes back for this chapter?

Dedicated to @gotchocolate for an amazing cover by the side, I love it! Alright, start reading now... don't forget to vote, comment, and fan. (: 

<> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> <> 

While approaching my home when I saw something strange in the distance. The deviation from the norm was a red car parked in front of my home with a mysterious woman getting out of it-- looking like she was heading towards the direction of my home.

Deep down in my heart, I somehow felt that something was wrong and my heart started to beat faster.

I walked closer and as I did, I saw that the woman was tall and dressed in many layers, obviously not used to the cold. Suddenly, it hit me like a train filled with elephants. It was my aunt! My aunt was the one who, I had always had the impression of, disliked my family and I especially for some weird reason. I wished that I had an aunt who actually loved me and made me cookies every time she visited me like all aunts should do, but my aunt was quite the opposite from the aunt of my dreams.

I walked up to her and tapped her on her shoulder, asking, "Why are you here today?"

My aunt spun around with a surprised look on her face and asked, "Oh, hello, haven't you been told the news yet? I thought you would know by now, the doctors would have told you or even the teachers."

I just stood there and shook my head, slightly confused, "Nope, what?"

Her eyebrows shot up in surprise and she started to say, "Well, should I phrase it in a better way or not? It is a really sad situation and--"

I interrupted, getting seriously annoyed, "What? You're literally killing me with the suspense here, if you have something to tell me, just tell me!"

My aunt said, "Well, your parents got themselves in a really bad car accident and did not survive. You're an orphan now and your parents left you many things in their will that I desire to be in possession of. Because of this, you are now in my possession. Well, actually I'm still in the process of filling out adoption papers but same thing."

I felt as if I had been stupefied by a wizard, shock overwhelmed me. And then, I realized that I probably had heard wrong or the wind had done something with my aunt's words.

I asked, "Wait, tell me that again?"

"Are you deaf? Because the last time I came, you could hear me perfectly. You are an orphan now and I'm adopting you," said my aunt, "I'm sorry about this. Although yes, I'm still filling out adoption papers, but I'm still adopting you."

"I'm pretty sure that if my parents are alive, then I'm not an orphan. Simple logic, right?"

My aunt gave a sigh like driven wind, which indicated that she was getting a little annoyed. "Your parents have passed away, in a car crash that took place this morning while they were going to work by a shortcut"

She said it in a way that made it look like she was being honest and telling me the truth, but I honestly could not believe her because my parents were always there for me in my life. Whenever I needed someone's shoulder to cry on, or encouragement, or literally anything, my parents were there. I looked behind me at the house and saw that the lights were turned off and it was totally empty, my parents were simply gone. It was as if someone had blown out the candle that was the source of their life, just BAM, and gone. I felt void of all feelings except for despair, I felt as if I was thrown into a dark pit of despair.