{C h a p t e r 6}

Hey! Here's another chapter, I hope you guys enjoy it!

Amazing banner made by wistfulsmile, I love it.

**********

I looked at my surroundings in awe; it was my first time in a forest like this one and I wasn't even planning to go into one; I just fell asleep and ended up in a forest and it definitely isn't my basement. Well, this was another thing to cross off of my bucket list. I lifted my face, letting the light and shadows of the forest dance across my face. It was such a beautiful place, so beautiful that it kind of disturbed me.

Why in the world am I here? 

How did I get here? 

Was the notebook my mother had given me, that claimed to be magical, caused me to be in this strange place?

I shook the last thought out of my head. This was too strange to be true. It must be a dream, the most realistic dream I've ever had in my life. This is not reality, it can't be.

Suddenly I heard the sound of leaves on the ground moving, and then a sound of a musical peal of laughter behind me. "This is completely real, as real as I am standing here talking to you now; you must be the Mia Grace Jones, according to my dream last night. You look exactly like her and you also have that magical notebook in your hands. Well, welcome to our kingdom, I'm the keeper of all the forests, both in our kingdom and outside it, and even of our enemies. Good day to you! How do you do?" A melodious voice said behind me.

I turned around quickly and my jaw went slack as my mouth opened wide with shock. An old man that looked like he was either not completely human or not from the Earth I knew of, was behind me. The man was a small and roundish person who was unlike any old man I've seen in my life. He was not at all hunched from years of gravity pulling down on him. He looked perfectly healthy and, strangely enough, somehow young, even with a fringe of white hair around his balding scalp and heavily lined face!

To me, he looked like he was swimming in the tide water of his 8th or 9th decade, but he could be 60 years old for all I know. The man wore a gray cape over some dark green colored clothing. No, this was not the type of clothing people in my world wears. I looked at his face with his comical looking white bushy eyebrows and his vibrant blue eyes, and suddenly I realized those eyes were staring back at me with a questioning look. 

I snapped out of my thoughts and realized he had asked me how I was doing, and so I replied, "Yes, I'm that Mia you are talking about and I am doing fine. And you are..."

"Fawaz Anikando, it is certainly nice to me, for after all the dreams I've had about a girl who was to come to our world from another world and save us, you have come. I was getting very weary of waiting.  Yesterday I had my hundredth dream about a girl, hero, who looks exactly like you. I dreamt that she was from another world in the future and was chosen to come to our world to save it from its upcoming disaster. I was getting tired of these dreams or messages." the old man said.

"What? Me? I'm pretty sure you've got the wrong person, no, I'm positive that you've got the wrong person. I don't even know or care about this kingdom of yours!" I replied, my face probably scrunched up in confusion.

"You will start to care soon, it is part of your fate to save us before you graduate from the thing called high school in your world and succeed in life," the man replied knowingly with a smirk starting to form on his face.

Wait, old people smirk too? 

"If this is real and you've got the right person, what is happening to this place that you'll need me, a typical 15 year old orphan who can do nothing?" I asked, curiosity getting the better of me.