{C h a p t e r 5}

Awesome cover by the side made by Kriss-leeMarshall-N , I love it! (:

*********************

The knocking sounds were getting louder and louder. Since there was no banging from the door opening, I assumed that it was not my aunt. The person behind the door started knocking at a faster rate, signaling the he or she was probably getting annoyed. Not wanting to have to deal with an annoyed person, I quickly closed the notebook I was writing in. Then I ascended the stairs of my basement and opened the door. 

Betsy exclaimed, "Finally, you took like a million years in that room. What were you doing? Curling your hair or dancing?"

"Erm, you're weird. Neither, I was actually writing in my journal like a good gal," I said. 

"Good gal, dinner is ready and your family is sitting around the dining table currently waiting for you. Hurry up and don't make them wait," Betsy said with a smile on her face. I was starting to like Betsy, who seemed like she had no troubles at all in her life. 

"Yay! I'm starving here and I seriously do need some food," I exclaimed, relieved that dinnertime had finally come.

"Alrighty then, follow me and you'll have amazing food in no time," Betsy stated and started walking towards my right. 

I exited my room and ran towards Betsy in a failed attempt to catch up with her, she had a fast gait. Suddenly, she stopped and turned to me, saying in a whisper, "I'm not sure if your aunt has told you this or not but your uncle does not know you live in the basement. He thinks you live in one of the guest bedrooms on the other side of the building. So you are not to make him ever think that you live in this basement that he does not know about. Okay? Please don't go against your aunt's wishes ever because you'll get into immense trouble if you do. I don't want anything bad to happen to you. In fact, I kind of like you, as I already told you."

I suddenly realized that Betsy was probably one of the few people in this house who really cared about me and the thought brought joy into my heart. I smile and nodded and wished that I could have lived in one of the guest rooms like my uncle thought I did. Out of curiosity, I asked, "Won't he find out though? What if he checks in the guest rooms?"

Betsy said, "Oh, he won't. He is almost always abroad and when he's at home, he never goes to the other side of the building. Mrs. Sterning has it all planned out."

"Oh wow, my aunt is really a good planner isn't she?" 

"Yeah she is, she has kept lots of secrets from your uncle." Betsy then led me through a door with two cream colored curtains swept aside by bows next to the right by my basement. We entered a long narrow walkway that led to a dark red door with the words "Dining Room" etched in gold lettering across it. The hallway was lined with pictures of my extended family, all of whom had been in this house at some point in their lives.

However, no pictures of my parents or myself could be found. I wondered once again why never considered me as a part of her family. It was a mystery I would solve someday in the future, hopefully. 

Soon, Betsy opened the dark red door. I saw a opulent dining room with the only family I knew seated around a large golden table with a cream colored floral design painted across its surface. A chair right across from where Isabella was left empty for me. 

The dining room was large and modern. My feet were on an extremely plush cream carpet. When I finally made eye contact with my aunt, I said politely, "Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Sterning, how do you do?"

My aunt just frowned at me and simply nodded but my uncle replied jovially, "I'm good, come and sit down. The cook made us a delicious dinner that I'm sure you'll enjoy a lot." He then nodded at Betsy and she exited the dining room.