72 : Everything

The song above is the main theme song of the book. It's actually one of the reasons why I came up with the plot hihi. 

By the way, my books Stay Awake Agatha and Dispareo are still available on bookstores nationwide <3 Salamat sa lahat ng mga bumili at may balak na bumili. You guys are the best!

3 months later 

3 months later 

         As I drove to Apollo's house, I couldn't help but look at the engagement ring on my finger. It's almost been a year ever since he gave this to me, it's almost been a year since we started dating officially. And so far, everything's been good. Sure there are times that we bicker, but we never really got into a fight, maybe it's because the both of us won't sleep without making sure we're okay. Maybe because both of us are patient with each other. Maybe because both of us are scared to part ways again. 

       I was a wreck; for a long time I was. I thought that if I ignore the pain in my heart, it will be gone eventually. But I was wrong. Somewhere along the way, we gotta face our demons. And I was lucky to have found people to help me deal with them.

      People love differently, the same way people heal differently. 

      When I was in the facility, I didn't really find the healing I wanted, instead I learned that the healing  I needed was in myself all along. And all I had to do was forgive myself so that I can start to value myself again, to love myself more.

      I always blamed myself for every bad thing that happened and I let it affect me and my judgments along the way. My guilt made me do the most irrational things. My regrets clouded my judgments calls. And my guilt fed my fear.

       Never again; I promised myself as I finally broke free from the shackles that I placed on my own feet. Never again will I let my demons defeat me. Never I again will I let my darkness consume me. Never again will I let my faith in Him wither. 

         I'm gonna get better.

         I am better.

       They say that things happen for a reason, but truth be told, I still can't find the reason why the people I love the most was taken away from me. But in order to heal I had to accept it; that it's just how life works and all we gotta do is make the most  out of it the moments we have with the people around us.

       I glanced at my ring again and smiled. After such a long time, I feel like everything is in its rightful places again. Healing takes time, it really does. And I am blessed to have finally reached the point where I think I am ready to take on a new chapter of my life, with the person I love the most.

     ***

         Holding the box of cake that I baked just for him, I slowly entered his house with the spare key he gave me. I was slow with every step that I took. I even took off my stilettos just just so he won't hear me come up the stairs.