61 : The Last Chance

Chapter Theme Above </3

         I held Joe as she cried on my arms. She was trembling, having trouble breathing from crying so hard. "I-I told him not to do it... He said he needed you... Th-there was so much blood."

        Joe reminded me so much of when I found my sister lying in a pool of blood with her wrists slashed--I was crying, screaming for help, begging her to wake up, but I was already too late.

       "P-piper..."

       Napalingon ako at nakita ko ang ina ni Cohen, umiiyak at nagmamadaling lumapit sa akin.

      "Piper, Piper anong nangyari? Bakit mo siya hiniwalayan?!" Tita was already hysterical as she held my arm tight. I couldn't see anger in her eyes, instead all I could see was heartbreak and despair--the same kind of despair I saw in my father's eyes when he carried Perry's lifeless body from the bed where she took her own life.

       "Lorraine, calm down." Tito was quick to hold Tita's arm, unlike her, he looks calm despite of his red and tired eyes.

        But it was as if Tita didn't notice him. Her attention was all on me... her desperate eyes was focused on mine.

        "M-my son was screaming your name ... He kept looking for you, even while inside the ambulance! Please, Piper... I know my son isn't perfect but he loves you! He really does! Please!" Nagulat ako nang biglang lumuhod si Tita sa harapan ko. Sa sobrang gulat ko, hindi na ako nakagalaw pa. Joe cried louder seeing her Mom kneel while Tito tried to pull Tita up, but instead Tita just placed her palms together as she begged at me while crying. "Please! Piper, please! I don't want to lose my son. Please don't leave him. Piper I'm begging you!"

        "Piper just leave, please." Tito said authoritatively as he continued pulling Tita up to stand.

        "No! Stay! Please, for Cohen! Please!" Tita continued to beg, even holding my hand as she cried while looking at my eyes.

        "Mom! Please stand up!" Joe cried, heartbroken to see her Mom in such desperate act.

        "Piper, you should go." Tito said as he nodded.

        My heart ached at the fact that Tita really begged right in front of me, but for some reason, no tears came out from my eyes... instead I felt a sinking feeling.. like I'm drowning but there are shackles stopping me from surfacing.

        I walked away. It was hard, but I did for the sake of myself.

***

          I found myself standing at the hospital rooftop. The sun is setting and slowly, the light succumbs to darkness, in away it's just like how I feel. My heart feels like it's losing it's grip over my mind. I want to do the right thing but I don't know what's right anymore. All I want is to talk to him. I just want to talk to him and figure this out because I can't do this alone anymore.