6 : Wasted

Chapter Theme:

Wolves - Twenty One Twenty (Cover)

        Piper's smile was uncontrollable as she looked at Braylee's happy face. Her dear friend looked so happy while blowing the candles above the cakes that they prepared for her. Every effort felt worth it seeing Braylee's grin and giggles.

        "Mission accomplished?" Riley asked as they watched Braylee thanking each person who approaches just to greet her.

        "Hell yeah," Piper grinned and without looking, Piper and Riley high-fived each other.

        "How the heck did you got this place reserved though?" Riley asked with questioning smile.

          Piper grinned as she took a glass of tequila. Her lips formed into a smirk as it touched the round corner of the glass. "Tricked the trickster."

          "What?" Riley blurted out with a high pitched tone.

           Before Piper could answer, Braylee began running towards them. The smirk on Piper's face vanished and was replaced with a genuine smile.  Braylee ran towards them like a little girl and gave both Riley and Piper a big hug at once. 

          "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" Braylee was almost tearful. Riley and Piper both exchanged a smile of success even if Braylee was starting to smother them with her hug.

          "Sali ako!" Sigaw ni Lucho at yumakap din.

           "Ako rin!" Sigaw naman ni Warren.

****

        Cohen silently watched  Piper and her friends from the second floor of the bar. He's standing by the railings, with back slouched and a glass of whisky on his hands. For some reason, he found himself staring at Piper's smile as she rocked on to music played by the band up the stage.

         Piper was having the time of her life, not giving a damn to her red dress that keeps climbing up every time she moves her hips to rhythm of the music, not minding the neon blue lights that illuminate  her face in the sea of people. She was too preoccupied with singing along to the songs, clinging to her friends lovingly, and dancing along to the beat of the drums. Not a single clue that a pair of coal black eyes have been watching her intently from a far.

        "Man, you might melt her," said a familiar voice as its owner stood beside Cohen.

        Cohen chuckled as he took a sip of whisky from his glass. "That's the plan, Apollo. Melt her and leave her crying."  He smirked.

        Apollo sighed, shaking his head in disappointment. "Come on man, what if she's not the one responsible for that list?"

       Cohen chuckled while shaking his head. "Uh-uh, guilty or not, that girl is wicked. She tricked me last night. She did that on purpose." Cohen might have a smirk up his face but there's bitterness in his voice.