15 : Partner in crime

Thank you so much for all of your greetings. Above all, thank you so much sa lahat ng mga nagbabasa lalo na sa mga nagcocomment. Reading your reactions keep me going :) Thank u!

      PIPER

      PIPER

        I can't help but worry as I stare at Braylee's smiling face. She's sitting right in front of me, paying close attention to Lucho's insane rambling. Out of all us, she's the only one diligent enough to stop eating just to listen to Lucho's nonesense. She's even laughing when i'm pretty sure she doesn't understand a single thing about what Lucho is saying.

         Braylee's acting quite different compared to how she used to be. She's still our bubbly Braylee but these days she seemed a lot brighter and happier. There's a glimmer in her eyes and I know for a fact that this is because of the guy she's in love with. Denver.

         I'm scared. What if Cohen's telling the truth? What if braylee's really dating Denver Hawthorn? What if Denver Hawthorn's just playing with Braylee's heart? I mean it's possible because Denver used to ruin Warren in ever way that he can. What if he's using Braylee to get to Warren? To hurt Warren?

        I've known Denver and Warren since highschool. They didn't know who I was but I know them. Their rivalry wasn't a secret. Everyone knows they loathe each other. Some would even hold betting games on who's the first to bleed when they're fighting.

        "You okay there, P?"

        I snapped back to reality when I heard Braylee's voice. The four of them already stopped eating their lunch and are looking at me with confused expressions on their faces.

        "Yeah.." I tried to just smile it off. "I just remembered my Dad," I lied flawlessly. 

        "Nami-miss mo na ba sila? How about we visit them this weekend?" Pagyayaya ni Braylee. There's a hint of worry in her voice and eyes. Always the softy that she is.

         "Pupunta ka ng Vienna?" Natatawang bulalas ni Warren kaya nahigit ko ang hininga ko sa magkahalong gulat at pag-aalala. Nakunot naman agad ang noo ng tatlo.

        "Vienna? Ba't naman ako pupunta dun?" Braylee asked as her lips curled into a pout.

        "Vienna Austria?" Namimilog ang mga matang napatingin sa akin si Riley. "Hoy Philbert Piperian, yung totoo tiga san ba mga magulang mo? Hindi ka talaga Filipino Citizen no? Illegal alien ka no?!"

         Bigla akong kinabahan sa sinabi ni Riley at pinanlamigan agad ako ng mga kamay. Nagbibiro lang si Riley, alam ko yun pero kinakabahan parin ako. Kasalanan mo talaga 'to, Warren! 

        "Di ba pwedeng nag-OFW mga magulang ni Piper?" natatawang tanong ni Lucho.

        "Or on a vacation?" sabi naman ni Braylee habang may matamis na ngiti sa mukha.