Black Equation - Chapter 6*

Chapter Six

Faye wanted to cry in fright, but no voice left her mouth. She struggled away from him, backing out for a few paces, until she hit a wall. Her throat was dry, and she couldn't even breathe right. Her whole frame was shaking, now that she was standing before the murderer she despised.

She never expected to find him that quickly. This got to be a joke. On top of that, she wasn't prepared. What the hell was she gonna say?

"Are you feeling well now, four -eyes?" The guy suddenly smiled at her. Her heart hammered in her chest, to the point she couldn't hear anything else but her own heartbeat. This was totally unexpected. How can a murderer be so exceptionally hot and dead gorgeous at the same time? And why was she even attracted? This is outrageous!

She felt blood warmed her cheeks, and could almost imagine how red her face was. The guy approached her, checking her forehead. "You're flushed. Did the nurse allow you to leave?"

"Get away from me!" she screeched, pushing him away. The guy was evidently surprised by her violent reaction. The playful smile he had faded from his face. "Don't touch me!"

"Are you having a fever?"

“You… you killed those men…”

“What?” His entire appearance looked worried, but he couldn't pretend well enough in front of her. She's an actress herself so she knew the basics, and was naturally born with the gift of reading into people. Faye noticed the ominous glint in his dark eyes. She knew she hit the spot.

"You couldn't fool me! I saw you at the park." Although her eyes were fierce, her hands were trembling. Fear filled her when the guy sneered at her, dropping his nice guy act. He grabbed her hand, and pulled her closer to him.

"I don't know what you're talking about." It was an order. He was telling her to let the matter go.

The images of burning men made her cringe. "Surrender yourself to the police. Please."

He studied her with a gaze so hostile fear started to crawl down to her toes, numbing her.

"You should’ve pretended you never saw.”

He raised his left hand and seized her head, pulling her black hair. It hurt her scalp, but she couldn't bulge him. She tried to kick him, bite him, and scratch her long nails on his skin without success. His strength was unbelievable, although the muscles on his arms were of the long, lean type. She couldn't move him at all. She tried to yell for help, but his hand muffled her cries.

Her eyes wandered, searching for something that might aid her in her predicament. Something she could hit him with. Anything within reach. She found none.

"Minamoto-san! Good thing I found you."

Both their heads turned towards Patricia's voice. The seniors’ class president was standing at the top of the stairs, her hands on her waist.

"You know each other?" she asked as she approached them, a small smile on her face, eying their close proximity to each other.

“Don’t tell,” he whispered ominously before pulling away. If she shouts, will he kill her? Them? Could she risk Patricia’s life?

"Er..." Faye started thinking of an excuse, but found nothing plausible. The killer Minamoto removed his grasp from her wrist, which undoubtedly left red marks. Her wrist throbbed in pain; his grip was like a constriction of a snake. But before Patricia noticed, she hid it behind her body.

"No," he politely replied with a soothing smile. In an instant, he was back to his nice guy ego. "She fell from the stairs, and I happened to be nearby."