Crying to sleep

It stunned me. What Violet said stunned me. I never thought she felt that way. And despite my desire to touch her, I know it's against everything that I believe in. In life, you gotta have your morale and principles. That's what I think. Otherwise, we'd get taken over by negative things such as anger and lust so easily that we hurt those in our way. Once in a life opportunity or not, Violet is still my best friend. I never want to hurt her in any way. So instantly, my mind knows what to do.

I slide my hand to her left side of the chest and I smile knowing it's the place where I want my hand to be. Her heart beat is soft but rapid. It grows fast by every second. This is what it feels like to know someone love you huh? My eyes go up to meet Violet's and she gives me the gentlest smile ever, ready and happy for whatever will come next. I withdraw my palm but let my index finger to stay there and slowly I start to invisibly draw the shape of heart on top of that beating proof of her love for me. Then I lean in my right ear and place it to her heart to hear it beating louder. Her body feels warm and I instantly wrap my arms around her waist, disregarding the fact that I can feel her naked flesh against mine. And I feel her kissing the top of my head lovingly. Her arms slide across my back and tighten their grip on me.

Tonight has been a crazy night. And yet I feel calm in here although a few minutes earlier my hormones just hit the roof. And I feel her body breathe down in relief.

"You always jump when I think you're gonna run," she smiled.

And we sit there all night long until time's up. Until someone knocks on the door to tell us that our time is over. At that time, both of us know what it meant.

"You ready for the last act of tonight?" she asked.

The lap dance. How can I forget. All week long the three musketeers (Bella, Arch and Oliver) kept talking about it. But the temptation to make a run for it is still in my mind. My face falls in trying to make a quick decision. Violet notices this. Of course she would, she's my best friend.

"You're still thinking about running, aren't you?" Violet knew.

This is hard when you're with your best friend. They know. They freaking know! I nod.

"Look, I'm not gonna stand here and pretend to know every little thing that goes into your head. But everyone worked so hard for this. Bella, Arch and Oliver; they all just want to have fun. And they want you to have fun too. Although this isn't your kind of fun but take it as a new experience. Do it as a one-time thing. And the poor girl's already waiting for you at the door. She worked hard to earn this time with you. I know. I was there."

"Well, maybe we could reschedule or something? Do something that both of us would enjoy," I pleaded.

"Ivy, when else are you gonna get a free lap dance?" she chuckled.

That's true.

"Think forward to another 10-15 years. If you don't go through with this act, you'll always wonder about the 'what if'. This girl really really really wants to do this for you. Trust me," Violet added.

Ever since my past with Tara, I promised myself to live life with no regrets. Damn Violet for having good argument!

"Okay..." I surrendered.

She smiles and kisses the top of my head again before putting back her clothes.

"I love you," she said before disappearing behind the door.

The door closes and I could her talking to someone outside. I use this chance to give myself a rest by sliding down so my body could somehow fit to the sofa. This sofa is too soft it's making me sleepy. My body aches for my bed. And my eyes feel heavy. And the yawn coming out of me proves that I'm so very tired. Looking at my watch, it's already one in the morning. Luckily there's no class tomorrow.