mind reader

"You mad?"

"Hmm..."

That's all I get from her. A 'hmm'.

"Well, don't be," I pleaded.

I heard what happened between her and Tara this morning. She had a burst out ever since she heard that Mandy tried to hurt me. And I still don't get it. Mandy and Tara are best buds as far as I know. Infact, Mandy's one of the constant bullies at my old school. Said she gets her happiness from my suffering. That girl has issues. So why did Tara and Mandy were at each other's throat yesterday? That's a mystery to me. Anyways, back to Violet. I don't know how Tara got a hold of those daisies but I loved them. Not because she gave it to me but because I love flowers. And to be honest, I am actually upset Violet broke it. The flowers would wilt and die. When I went back to the hallways, they were no longer there. The cleaning lady must have cleaned it up. After all, this school doesn't really tolerate dirt in the hallway. It tarnishes the school's prestige.

"How can I not? You just easily forgive her after everything she put you through!" she burst out.

I've never seen Violet so angry. She was the gentlest person I've ever known my entire life. Clearly I'm wrong.

"Then what do you expect me to do? To lash out at her and to act like I'm better than her?" I questioned her.

Not so few days ago, she was saying something different. Now, she's acting differently than what she told me.

"Yes!" she replied instantly.

The look on my face should have been clear enough of how shocked I am with all of this. But this person in front of me won't back down. The anger is getting the better out of her.

"After everything we did to make you safe, getting back with her would just mean our every effort is a waste of time!" she yelled.

"Who says I'm getting back with her?!" I yelled back.

"Oh please. It's obvious you want to."

"Why are you acting like a bitch?" I hissed.

"I don't know. Why are you acting like a whore?" she spat.

A whore. Did she just call me that? By the look on her face, I can see she immediately regretted what she said. Before she could say anything I cut her off.

"No, don't. Violet, I really don't know what got into you. FYI, everything that I've been doing all these while reflects the thinking I did whenever I do something. I always think about people who sacrificed a lot for me and that includes you Violet. I just want to move forward with my life. Tara and me? Honestly, I don't trust her like I once did. She hurt me, yes. But she apologised and is trying to make things better. I said no to her but she insisted. I don't wanna hold any grudges anymore. I want to live my life as carefree as I can. You saw what those negative emotions did to me. And I don't want to be that anymore," I said, getting tired of all the drama.

"Ivy..."

And I stop her again.

"And I can't believe what you did to my daisies. You out of all people should know how sensitive I am when it comes to flowers," I voiced my disappointment.

Violet finally turns at me and I think realisation finally hit her. She understands now that not only am I upset about her judging me but also about the broken pot of daisies.

"Ivy, I forgot. I really did. I'm sorry. I truly am," she uttered.

Not being able to hold back the tears, I rush out of the room but Violet clasps to my hand when I grab the knob.