My club's second meeting

"You know, writing can be therapeutic."

        Those were my therapist's words during our last session. She's actually quite nice. And quite the contrary to the stereotypes, she's actually quite funny. I find her giving me suggestions without directly saying it. And she actually tried to use the words 'hip', 'funk' and 'in' with me. Yeah, it was horrible. But I command her efforts in trying to level with my young mind. But I've been considering what she said. Besides, I have to be the scriptwriter for our Shakespeare staging anyway. So, that's a start. Anyways, pushing those things aside, I actually have to focus my mind into my new club. 

"I'll come and get you at 5.30?" Violet asked.

        I nod and give her a hug. Two weeks have passed since the incident with that crazy brunette girl but still Violet and Maya would watch over me. I don't mind because it makes me feel safe.

"I thought you'd only hug Maya these days," she joked.

"Well, she's not my only friend here."

        To my relief, she hugs me back and lets go but not before pulling my ear playfully, "Behave."

Pshh. I totally behave! I'm not a trouble maker. Breaking rules seems scary to me. Only because my family taught and reminded me that every action will have its consequences. So I've always been a good girl. When I turn the knob, I am greeted by happy faces.

Wakana, Axel and Eddie all usher me to come in.

"Hey, you're just in time! Come sit, we have loads to tell you," Eddie called me.

        Of course, like any other normal person, they ask me my well being and classes first before getting down to business, knowing that I'm new here. Also, because I think Jenna might have told them to watch over me. People are just so unbelievably kind sometimes. After 5 minutes of catching up, we move on straight to what needs to be done.

"Here's your handbook," Wakana took out a magazine-sized handbook and gave it to me.

       ENACTUS  HANDBOOK YEAR 2014/2015

Wow. They even have their own handbook. 

"Enactus is actually an international organisation based on colleges and universities all around the world. One of the teams thought it would good to have proteges so they approached several schools and trained them. Our school was lucky enough to be chosen. So this handbook is the real deal for Enactus members but our mentors said the same rules are applied for our cases. Dive in!" Wakana explained.

        It's unbelievable. Enactus exists in over 40 countries and in this state, we have over 50 teams. I've always wanted to be a part of change. Maybe this is it. What Enactus teams do is that they do projects to help people in need by appling social entrepreneurship as the solution. It's not like charity or philantrophy. It's business but we don't take profit in helping people out. We just help people create a sustainable life. Wakana then takes out a big fat file and shows me the previous projects our team had done. So far, our school has only gotten involved with Enactus for five years but we're one of the firsts. We have good alumni and real Enactus members coming down to mentor us out. And they told me today they will drop by to help with our orientation and project.

"Hello, hello! Who are we?" a voice then entered the room, looking pumped up as ever.

"ENACTUS!" they all shouted.

        I look at them in amusement. Their spirit is just amazing, I can feel it in my bones. 

"Who are we?" the guy asked again.