Sakura vs Ino

They faced each other, 1 with rage-filled eyes, the other filled with determination. 

"We were rivals since- since- forever!!" Ino shrieked. Her face was red with anger and rage, twisted into an ugly snarl that didn't seem right at all.

Sakura took a deep breath to calm herself down. 

"Ino-chan-" Ino flinched. "Being with Team 7 made me realize that going for Sasuke was absolutely pointless. Kakashi-sensei broke me out of my Fan girl stage, Naruko-chan taught me how to be a Kunoichi, I can do the same to you Ino-chan."

Ino's eyes softened temporarily before hardening again. 

"If this is some sort of sick joke to get Sasuke for yourself, than your an idiot Sakura. I won't give up that easily!"

Sakura's determined stance faltered slightly, before fixing itself.

Instead of talking, Sakura decided that the crowd watching the supposed fight were getting bored.

Sakura charged towards Ino with a fist raised. "CHA!!!!"

Ino, not prepared for this attack, squeaked and managed to dodge at the last second. She gulped when she saw a small crack in the wall that Sakura's fist hit.

Up in the stands, Naruko smirked proudly. "AWESOME! Sakura-chan's learning me and Obaa-chan's super strength!"

Sakura retracted her hand, wincing slightly. She had not mastered the strength yet, so her fist was hurting, but she ignored the pain.

"What can I do to make you believe me!?" Sakura cried. 

Ino threw a few kunai at Sakura, intent on keeping her away. "I don't know?! I just won't believe you!" She screamed in frustration.

Sakura dodged the kunai. Suddenly, she caught sight of something on the floor.

It was a strand of her pink hair.

Looking at a kunai embedded in a wall and back to the pink hair, Sakura felt an idea creep into her mind.

Grimacing slightly at the idea, Sakura took out the kunai from the wall.

Raising the kunai, she spoke. "Ok, Ino-chan." Sakura said shakily, "You see my hair? I-I grew this just for Sasuke didn't I?"

Ino nodded suspiciously, "Yeah, so what?"

Sakura closed her eyes in fear, before letting the kunai cut the space near her neck.

She suddenly felt a breeze fly to her neck. Sakura opened her eyes and looked at the pink mess on the floor.

It was her hair.

Ino gasped in shock. "You- You cut off your hair!?" 

And indeed Sakura did. Her once flowing hair that reached her back was now up to her neck, the remaining piece of her hair was on the floor.

Ino currently resembled a gaping fish much like everyone on the stands.

Ino stared at Sakura like she was plague. "Why-"

Sakura interrupted, "To convince you Ino-chan. I'm not playing any games. I've given up on Sasuke, not like I had a chance anyway."

"I'm no longer that little girl that needed Ino-chan's protection. Nor am I that weak fangirl that cared more about getting a boyfriend and how I looked than training."

Sakura smiled, looking at Ino. "What I'm trying to say is, I've bloomed."

Ino stared at Sakura, remembering those words. 

Suddenly, Ino let out a cry and in a swift motion, she swing her kunai at the back of her head.

Sakura stared at the heap of blonde hair on the ground, and looked at Ino, whose hair was now cut from the top of her ponytail. 

Ino smiled, pleased. "Then, Sakura-chan, I give up to, we should finish the fight as old friends shouldn't we?"

Sakura smiled back, relieved. She took a few steps back, as did Ino.

They gave a yell and charged for each other. Both swung a fist and collided with each other. Both fists struck each other's cheek and knocked each other out.

"Double Knockout! Both do not proceed to the Matches!" Hayate called.

The rookies clapped. 

Naruko smiled and went over to the strangely familiar Medic Nin, who was nursing the 2 unconscious girl's cheeks. 

"Excuse me- Haku-Nii?" The Medic Nin turned around, revealing to be Haku. 

Haku smiled and patted Naruko's head. "Hello Naru-chan." Naruko smiled, "You became a Medic Nin! Congratulations! Where's Zabuza?"

Haku thanked her, "Zabuza-san has become a Jonin specializing in Silent Assasination. He's almost ANBU."

Naruko beamed, "Cool! Wish me luck for the exams!"