Naruko Uzumaki Namikaze

Jiraiya ran through the village, heart pounding and racing.

The village was in ruins. Many were weeping for their lost ones that perished in the Kyuubi attack. But many were at the Hokage tower, cursing and shouting for a certain demon to die. 

Jiraiya burst down the door, "SARUTOBI-SENSEI!"

Hiruzen sat on his desk, cradling a newborn baby in his arms. Hiruzen shot Jiraiya a sad look.

That was all Jiraiya needed to know that the rumors were true.

The 4th Hokage, his very own beloved student, died, defeating the Kyuubi.

"No... Why...?" Jiraiya's expression was broken. He walked over to his sensei, not knowing what to say.

Hiruzen watched his student sadly, knowing Jiraiya's bond with his successor. He carefully showed the bundle to him.

"Minato and Kushina left a piece of them with us..." He whispered. 

Jiraiya snapped his head up. "You don't mean..." He stared at the baby girl in his Sensei's arms. 

The baby had bright blonde hair like his student and his eyes. The very sight of the baby made his breath hitch and his heart start racing.

Jiraiya picked up the baby, staring at her as she laughed, touching his cheek with her tiny hand.

"Kushina told me, her name is Naruko. Naruko Uzumaki Namikaze." Hiruzen said softly, not wanting to disturb the two.

Jiraiya felt tears trickle down his cheeks as he embraced Naruko. The baby snuggled closer into his shoulder.

"I suppose the village didn't take it too well about her being a jinchuriki?" Jiraiya asked. Hiruzen shook his head.

"They demanded that Naruko will be put into execution, fearing that Kyuubi had reformed into a human child's skin, or will take control over Naruko's body. No one below jonin knows who her parents are."

Jiraiya seethed, radiating killer intent, but stopped, remembering Naruko, who was still in his arms.

"Sensei. Let me have her. I am her God Father after all." Hiruzen opened his mouth to deny when he was stopped.

"I don't care what you say. If you think I'm not responsible enough then I'll track down Tsunade and make her raise Naruko with me. I will train her, look after her, and protect her. And I'd be damned if those stupid rats you call the council try to stop me!"

Hiruzen sighed, rubbing his aching head. "Fine then."

Jiraiya smiled softly, Naruko fell asleep on his shoulder. "I'll leave the village after I get some supplies."

Hiruzen nodded. "But be back when she is old enough to do the Gennin exams."

Jiraiya nodded. "I will Sensei. And when we do come back, I can assure you that she will become a fine kunoichi. One of the strongest around!"

~~~~~~~

And to that day, Jiraiya of the Sannin traveled Fire Country, in search of his team mate Tsunade and her apprentice Shizune. 

In a month, he found her, fully prepared to fight her and drag her into looking after Naruko. Surprisingly, with one look at the baby girl, Tsunade agreed to looking after her, not once complaining.

Naruko turned into a wonderful, sweet girl. She was bubbly, always happy, energetic, and just adorable. She showed a lot of promise to be a great Kunoichi with a big, merciful heart.

When Naruko turned the age of 3, they started her training. Naruko started off wonderfully, learning the basics of an academy student in a week.

Age 4, Naruko started learning medical ninjutsu, and easily excelled in it despite her terrible chakra control. In a month or so, she became an expert, and mastered the Hundred Healings jutsu.  

At the age of 5, Naruko learnt the Summoning Jutsu, summoning Gamabunta. She befriended many toads and quickly became friends with Gamambunta's tadpoles Gamakichi and Gamatatsu.

Age 6, Naruko started wearing weights to increase her stamina and speed, quickly adapting to Taijutsu.

Age 7, Naruko was now jonin level, after defeating Shizune in an all out battle. 

The years passed, and finally, it was time to return to Konoha.