3rd Exams

The next few days passed by quickly. Sasuke felt a lot better and his Curse Mark was sealed by Kakashi.

When Sasuke learnt that he had been cuddling Naruko when he was in his Curse Mark state, he turned into a tomato.

Literally.

But now, going on, it was time for the Genin Teams to do the 3rd Exam.

The 3rd Proctor, Hayate Gekko, appeared in a fighting ring when everyone had assembled. He looked incredibly sickly for he kept erupting into fits of coughs. He wore a bandanna on his head, with the Konoha symbol on it.

"Now that everyone is here-" Hayate erupted into coughs, "-We may start the Preliminary exams."

An indignant cry came from Kiba, whose Team had arrived just before now.

"WHY DO WE HAVE TO HAVE A PRELIMINARY ROUND?!" 

Hayate shot him an annoyed look before coughing, "There are too many people who passed the first 2 exams-" He coughed violently.

"-So we are going to cut the remaining numbers in half."

Hayate coughed and examined the said remaining people.

"Before we start, would anyone like to quit?" He asked (While coughing).

Everyone looked at each other. Suddenly, a voice called out. "I'd like to quit!" They turned to see Kabuto. 

Sakura gasped, "Kabuto-san! Your quitting?" 

Kabuto smiled at the girl, "Yeah, sorry. I ran out of chakra in the 2nd exams. It'd be pointless for me to continue."

Sakura sent him a apologetic smile, "Sorry Kabuto-san. Thank you for the help."

Kabuto nodded, and he left the ring. 

But he didn't leave without shooting Sasuke a quick, barely noticeable look.

Naruko saw this and narrowed her eyes. He was clearly interested in Sasuke. But why? She sniffed the air, he... smelled like snakes!

Orochimaru!

Naruko acted normal, but secretly sent a message to the Hokage, who was currently sitting up in the stands, lecturing the Genin, by tapping her foot.

When Naruko finished sending her message, Hiruzen nodded, before cursing Orochimaru in his head.

"Now that we've finished the pleasantries-" Hayate coughed violently. "The matches will now be chosen by the screen."

Naruko looked at the screen in time to see the 1st match.

Sasuke Uchiha vs Yoroi Akado

Naruko looked at Sasuke and smiled, "Good luck!"

Sasuke blushed a bit before saying, "Thanks." He looked across the ring and spied his family, who had come to watch.

Sasuke could see his father smirking proudly at him. And he could also see his mother and brother smirking at him, his mother was mouthing the words, 'So that's who you like Sasuke.'

Sasuke paled. 

As Sasuke got to the ring, Kakashi leaned to him and whispered, "Don't use the Sharingan."

Sasuke nodded, he knew his Curse Mark would activate if he did.

As he faced his opponent, Sasuke noticed Yoroi was fairly big, with a shady look about him. 

"You have been chosen for the 1st match." Hayate announced, "Sasuke Uchiha vs Yoroi Akado. To win, simply knock your opponent out, or kill them. But we are trying to prevent that in this Exam."