Riding and YOI

I fiddle with the silver dream catcher charm hanging from my neck as I nervously scan the crowds.

I can't believe I'm doing this.

Dressed in a well fitting black shirt tucked into some dark blue, denim, mid rise shorts with my black sneakers and my blue team Australia jacket tied around my waist.
My long strawberry hair tied back in two braids is hidden under my Blue Ariat cap, my iPhone 6s tucked in my back pocket, a purple Ariat duffel bag slung over my right shoulder and the handle to my large, rose gold, hard case suit case, clutched in my left hand.

I stand, looking up at the terminal, and I suck in a deep breath.

This is it.

Russia here I come.

My flight is long and boring, I watch three movies, I read on wattpad and listen to music, and eventually manage to get some sleep in, but it's restless and uncomfortable.

Several hours later and we finally touch down at the Moscow Airport, Russia.

I vacate the plan as fast as I'm aloud, happy to be back on solid ground.
I duck to the bathroom and quickly check my makeup, wiping the mascara from under my eyes and reapplying my red tinged lipgloss.

I hurry back out and collect my bags before heading to the exit.

There's quite a crowd in the huge airport and I scan it until I find a familiar face holding a large sign with my name on it.

I cautiously walk over, plastering a nervous smile on my lips.

"OH FINALLY!" The beautiful woman in front of me drops the huge sign and throws her arms around my figure, pulling me close and squeezing the air out of me.

"Hey Lorraine", she releases me and hold me at arms length by my shoulders.

"Oh honey, I told you, Lorry is fine", I grin up at her and nod.
"Now, lets get you home," she places a hand on my shoulder and proceeds to steer me out of the airport. "How was your flight",

I smile up at her, "it was... bearable", she giggles and I smile again.

We stop at her old beat up farm truck and she helps me put my bags in the tray.

It's silent for the first few minutes, silent except for the humming and rattling of the old car and the quiet of the radio.

We drive for another twenty minutes until we reach a huge estate on the outskirts of Moscow.

As we head down the drive way I see horses of all colours and sizes in the paddocks either side.

I stare out the windshield in awe as we pull up in front of a massive mansion.

"Now then, it's almost dinner so if you go get ready, shower, change, whatever, and then we'll have dinner", she smiles And we hop out of the car.

I marvel at the beautiful house as I drag my bags inside, the whole places is ornately decorated and decidedly old, but good old, beautiful old.

Lorry leads me up stairs to a room which she announces is mine.

It's beautiful, decorated in a modern, chic way, but still holds the endearing and homely feel of the ready of the house.

I thank her as she informs me that dinner is at six and that if I wanted to wear my pyjamas that's fine.

I quickly jump in the shower and scrub myself clean.

When I get out I run a brush through my dead straight, strawberry locks and put my hair in a loose plait.

I slip into my warmest pyjamas, Mum made sure I bought plenty of warm stuff and I'm now thanking her, it's currently autumn in Russia and it's quite cold.