Chapter 51

Winter was starting to come around and Tony's friends were messing with Aliyah more than Delilah. They got bored of Delilah since she was always saying "yes" to them. They liked messing with Aliyah because she wasn't afraid to tell them off.

"Hey Aliyah" Tony's friend group said in unison

"Hi" she said sitting down

"Aye liyah whatchu doing after school today" Tony asked

"Why you care"

"Cause I wanna walk you home"

"Nope I'm good"

"Can I walk you home then" Kyle asked

"If I said no to him what makes you think Ima change my answer for you"

"Cause I'm better lookin"

"Nigga dats a lie I look better" Tony said smiling

"Aliyah who look better" Kyle asked

"Me" She smiled

"Come on answer the question" Kyle said

"Fine Tony cuter"

"I know I am" Tony said doing his handshake with Aliyah

Aliyah and Delilah walked into lunch and they brought their food. Delilah felt a boy grab onto her waist and push against her. She smiled and let the boy do what he wanted. Another boy tried it with Aliyah thinking that Aliyah was as lenient as Delilah.  Aliyah pushed him off and glared at him. The boy stopped touching her and put a space between them. He mumbled something and Aliyah was loosing her patience real quick. She hurried up and brought her food and sped up her pace sitting at the lunch table with narrow eyes.

"Hey beautiful" Steve hugged her

"Hey" Aliyah smiled noticing how quiet the table got.

Delilah moaned while Sasha was banging on the table. Aliyah stuck her middle finger up and pulled Steve to his table. She said hi to everyone at the table and sat him at the end of the table where it was empty.

"Why we move" he asked her

"You ain't hear them"

"Nah what was they doin"

"Nothing Stevie" Aliyah laughed then her eyes got wide remembering the math test she had tomorrow.

"Uhh Stevie can I come over today so you can help me with math"

"Yeah sure my parents ain't home" he responded

The end of the day came and Steve was walking with Aliyah to his house. They were walking and talking about their day at school. Aliyah told him about Tony while Steve was talking about his grades. Aliyah walked up to Steve's light brown porch whole Steve unlocked his door not noticing his parents car since he was talking to Aliyah.

"Hey Skylar and Milky" Aliyah said petting them the walking into the living room stopping in her tracks looking at his parents who were watching T.V. she waved and stepped back looking at Steve.

"Hey Ma" Steve said nervously laughing hugging his mom and then waving at his dad.

"Hello Steve and Steve's friend" His mom said with a smile

Aliyah looked at her and her cookie brown color. She looked fairly young until you noticed her grey hairs. She was on the slender side and had very short cut hair and Crimson nails. Her eyes were very soft and serious at the same time. Then she shifted her attention to his dad who looked exactly like Steve just a little bigger and a full beard.

"Hi" Aliyah said smiling and waving

"What's your name" His mom asked

"Aliyah" She responded sticking her hands in her back pocket of her jeans then smiling at Steve. Who was closer to her than usual.

"Well it's nice to meet you Aliyah" His mom said

"You too"

Steve started walking to the stairs when his mom stopped him.

"Y'all can work in the dining room" she told them since she could see them and watch the T.V. 

The two walked into the dining room and grabbed their books. Aliyah smiled at Steve who was feeling nervous. She  showed Steve what the problem was which was basically everything. He looked at her paper full of eraser marks and laughed at her.

"You gotta rewrite this" he told her

"Ion wanna rewrite it the equation too long" Aliyah frowned

"You gotta write the equation down to do the answer anyway"

Aliyah grumbled and wrote the equation down. Steve started teaching her the steps then made her do the next problem on her own while he did his to make sure she got the right answer.

Aliyah stopped and fiddled with her pencil not knowing what to do next. She didn't want to ask him for help because she didn't want to look stupid especially not in front of him. She was two seconds away from saying "fuck it" and not turning it in.

Steve could see her getting frustrated and said "You know you can ask for help"

"Can you help me" She asked

Steve helped her and they worked through different problems until she got it. Aliyah rewrote the steps and did another problem on her own then another. She finally got it and smiled at him.

"Thanks Stevie" She told him packing up

"You welcome" he responded

Aliyah walked to the front door waving at his parents, they smiled at her. Steve put his coat on and tennis shoes about to walk out the door.

"Where are you going Steve" His mom asked

"I'm walking her home"

"Alright be safe"

Aliyah walked home with Steve. She thought about holding his hand but it was too cold so she stuck it inside of his coat pocket. Steve enjoyed her soft hand and held it in his pocket while smiling. They walked onto her porch and hugged each other before Aliyah walked inside.

Steve walked inside his house smiling his parents noticed and asked him to sit down. He already knew what they were going to talk to him about. He sat down on the couch and looked at them.

"Was this the same Aliyah you liked in 5th grade" His mom asked

"Yeah"

His mom nodded in approval and walked upstairs to take a quick nap before making dinner. His dad look at him and smiled knowing his son was in love since it was the same look he gave his mom when he was younger and chuckled.

"you only get one girl that you going to love in life like you do Aliyah just make sure you keep her" His father told him and turned his attention back to the T.V.

"And what if she don't like me back" He asked

"She does like you back just let her find herself first Steve love takes as much time as it needs but when it's there it's there"

Steve smiled and walked up to his room thinking about what his father told him. He knew it was there for him but he didn't know if love was there for Aliyah yet. He smiled and took a nap dreaming about her.