Chapter 30

Aliyah was watching a movie in her room with her siblings, Mark and Jordan. She was playing with Jordan's fingers while Mark had Jackie on his chest sleeping and John was at the foot of the bed sleeping.

Aliyah's phone started going off. She put it on vibrate and looked at the movie again. Jordan started to stir in his sleep and Aliyah shushed him a little. Her phone was still going off and Mark looked at her then at her phone with a smile and back at her again. She checked her phone and saw her friends were texting her.

T: y'all wanna go swimming
L: yeah I'm tired of sitting in my home this summer
S: ion wanna go
L: you would go if Mark was there
S: hell yeah he's sexy as shit man
A: Ima ask him

"Mark you wanna go swimming with us"
"Yeah" he told her.

Aliyah kicked everyone out her room and shut her door. She put her yellow bikini on smiling at herself in the mirror hoping she ran into Steve. She wanted to show him what he was missing. Her phone interrupted her admiration session.

S: did he respond
A: yeah he goin

Aliyah came downstairs and Mark walked through the front door in his trunks. Aliyah smiled ready to go swimming  she stood up quickly and danced on her way to the pool.

They walked inside and she immediately saw her friends they were dancing to the music playing on a guys speakers. Some girls were twerking and the boys were grinding on them. But people barely got into the pool. Aliyah jumped into the deep end with her friends following her except for Shayla she was busy talking to Mark. They came up splashing water and laughing.

Steve walked in with his group of friends. Aliyah was swimming down trying to touch the floor. She came back up and looked at her friends.
"Your boy is here" Leilani said smiling

Aliyah looked around and spotted Steve walking in with his friends. Steve and Bryan walked in her direction with a smile Aliyah had her eyes on him. She wondered of he was going to say anything to her.

"Hey Steve" they said unison
"Hey Tonya and Leilani" He said looking at them. Aliyah huffed and sat on the edge of the pool and put her feet in the water.
"Hi Bryan" Aliyah said looking at him. He walked over and sat next to her. He felt bad for her Steve had been ignoring her for at least a month now and he knew how much she liked him.
"Hey liyah" he said smiling.
"Why Steve ignoring me still" Aliyah asked him
"Ion know" he told her genuinely
"Come on you know why you his friend" Aliyah pressed him.
"Look liyah ion know ask him" He told her.

Aliyah wanted to know why he wasn't talking to her. She waited till he was finished talking with her friends before calling Steve over. He looked at her and smiled walking in her direction. Aliyah smiled and perked up but slumped back down when Steve walked right past her.

Aliyah hated how Steve was treating her. She decided that he wasn't worth her time anymore. She was too good to be treated like that. Aliyah perked back up and smiled playing with the water with her feet.

"Hey mama" A tatted Brownskin boy said coming up to her
"Hi" Aliyah said smiling looking at his tattoos.
The boy noticed and said "you wanna touch"

Aliyah traced his rose tattoo on his arm then the paw print on the right side of his chest not knowing she was tickling him. The boy laughed making Aliyah stop touching him.

"What" she asked smiling
"Yo ass was tickling me" he told her with a smile
"Oh sorry" Aliyah laughed looking at him.
"You good, what's your name girl" he asked
"Aliyah you" she said looking at his curly hair
"It's baby to you but Robert to everyone else" He told her
Aliyah laughed but stopped when she noticed a guy messing with Leilani. She looked uncomfortable. Aliyah narrowed her eyes ready to stand up for her friend. Robert noticed Aliyah's change in emotions and looked to where she was looking.

"AYY dime move away from her" Robert said looking at Dime. He was a light skin boy who thought the world was a joke.
"My bad rob" Dime said moving away and laughing.
"How old are you mama" he said smiling
"Fourteen" Aliyah said
"Oh so you a young one" he asked Aliyah nodded with a smile.

"Oh so she hanging with hood niggas now" Jim said looking at Aliyah. Steve broke his neck to see who she was talking to now getting worried for her.
"That's Rob he cool until you fuck with him" Quentin said looking at Steve. Steve relaxed a little still worried for her.

Aliyah's friends were getting ready to leave and they were waiting for her. She noticed that her friends were getting ready to leave and she stood.

"I'm about to go" Aliyah said smiling Robert looked at her friends and back at her.
"You gonna give me your number" he asked Aliyah stood up and dried her hands off then grabbed her phone. Robert told her his phone number. Robert watched her put her shorts back on with a lustful smile.
"Aye Aliyah I wantchu to call me" he told her
"Alright" she said with a smile
"I mean it" he told her
"Alright" Aliyah said with an attitude. Robert decided to let it slide since he just met her.

Robert walked back to his friend group feeling on top of the world.
"Aye man who was she" one of his friends asked
"My future girl" Robert responded with a smile.