Chapter 18

Mark walked into school avoiding Jennifer until she came up right behind him with a wide smile.
"Hey" she said pulling him into their secluded space underneath the stairs.
"Hi" He responded with a forced smile.
"Guess what Marky I'm pregnant" she told him jumping up and down then hugging him. Mark swore he saw his life flash before his eyes while his knees where starting to buckle under him.
"You sure" he asked her knowing the conversation could go both ways.
"Yeah I'm forreal"  She told him rubbing her stomach.
Mark got quiet upset about his mistake "I gotta go" he lied walking out on her. Jennifer smiled knowing he was gonna provide for the both of them.

Aliyah was at lunch listening to Steves speech for his public speaking class. She was bored out of her mind but she liked listening to his speak his voice was deep and calming. Aliyah decided to put her plan into motion.
"Where you live" she asked smiling
"Deacon road why you planing on walking me home" he asked looking at his paper then back at her still not being able to look her in the eye.
"Yeah" Aliyah told him drinking her water with a smile he was going to be her first victim.
"Nah Ima walk you home today" he told her with a smile going back to looking at his paper.

Aliyah stood up and walked up to Mark who was sitting with his football crew. She blew on his neck and sat right in front of him looking out the window.
"You know your dumbass play too much right" Mark said with a smile
"I ain't do nothin just blew on your neck" she told him shrugging her shoulders looking at his brown eyes.
"AYY Mark you gonna introduce us" a football player said
"Leave her alone she don't wanna talk to your ugly ass" Another player said Aliyah smiled holding in her laugh.

Mark wasn't in a playful mood he sat the stone faced looking at the birds fly away.
"I need to talk to you" he said standing up Aliyah followed after his tall figure. A random guy grabbed her butt  and Aliyah turned around and looked at them with narrow eyes
"What nasty ass boy touched me" she yelled at them they looked her surprised. Mark turned around hearing Aliyah yell and punched a boy in the nose.
"Touch her again and Ima beat your ass" he said walking away with Aliyah in front of him. The boys went back to eating their food and laughing at the boy who got punched.

Aliyah walked with Mark to her house and sat on the steps he sat down and took a deep breath.
"She pregnant" Mark said feeling a weight lift up on him.
"Well whatchu going to do" she asked him playing with her fingers.
"Sell drugs"
Aliyah looked at him silently knowing he was serious and made up his mind he started up and said "But if I get kicked out can I-"

Mark was cut off by Trayvoyn walking up to her.
"Lemme talk to you sweetheart" He asked standing at the bottom of her steps.
"What you want" she asked frowning.
"Let's walk around the block" he asked her with a smile Aliyah frowned and looked at him but stood up.

Then started walking around the block and Trayvoyn decided to open his mouth.
"I heard you and Steve talkin now " he said looking at her Aliyah looked at him and crossed her arms.
"Whatchu care for"
"I was just wondering" he told her Aliyah.
"It ain't got nothing to do with you" she responded.
"Why you gotta talk to me like that" he asked stopping her Aliyah was getting annoyed with him.
"Say what you gotta say"
"Can you take me back" he asked her with a half smile
"No"
"well can I get a kiss goodbye"
"No" Aliyah told him walking back home he walked back home feeling stupid.

Mark was still sitting on her steps with his headphones on thinking about his life. Aliyah sat next to him and looked at the clouds.
"You going back to school" he asked her looking at his phone
"Nah" she said walking inside and sewing some more clothes.