Chapter 6

Aliyah woke up early and for dressed for school she wore a red hoodie and jeans. She looked at herself in the mirror and smiled looking at her face. Then she kissed her self mothers picture and walked downstairs.

"Daddy can I walk" She asked him.
"Is Dominique walking with you" He asked her.
"Yeah" She lied
"Alright then eat your breakfast then you can leave" He told her.

She ate her food quickly and left the house the bus stopped in front of her house but she ignored it and started waking to school. Mark pulled down the window

"where you goin shortie" He asked smiling.
"Same place you goin" She responded picking up Marks dialect.

Mark pulled the window up and got off the bus. Dominique was asleep on the bus not paying attention to anyone.
"Can I sign your cast" He asked her every time his older brother would break a bone he would have a lot of people's name on his cast.
"No Dominique is going to sign it first then you can sign" She said walking up the hill.

Mark was upset no girl has told him no before except for his sisters and Mom.
"I'm gonna sign anyway" he said looking in his book bag for a marker. Aliyah took it as the opportunity to leave him and get to Dominique so he could sign it first. 

Mark looked up and saw that his buddy was turning around the corner. He closed his bookbag and chased after her almost bumping into some people going to work and catching up to her. The school was right around the corner and Aliyah was still running at the same pace while Mark was getting tired trying to run so fast in the beginning. Aliyah made it to school and walked into home room with Dominique and sitting next to him.
"WAKE UP DOMINIQUE" She yelled in his ear. He jumped up and smiled at her
"I have my Purple Marker so I can sign in your favorite color" He smiled and her and wrote down his name. Mark came into class out of breath and plopped down in his seat in front of Aliyah.
"You can sign now" She told him he got up and signed his name then sat back down.

Travis went into work after dropping the twins off at daycare. He didn't want to be there he missed his wife and wanted her back. It was like he couldn't live or function without her.
"Sorry about the loss man" One of his co-workers said patting him on the back. He looked at him and gave him a solemn smile.
"Thanks" He responded.
"Hey if you need some help I got some stuff that can help" He responded walking away.
Travis knew what he was talking about but he would never stoop so low to buying some drugs he had kids to watch over.

Travis went through the work day silently trying to keep his mind off of his late wife but he kept on messing up at the factory.
"Travis in my office now" his boss yelled at him. He walked to the office and sat down in the chair in front of him.
"Look I'm sorry that you lost your wife but you can't be messing up at work like that so either you get better or you're fired" His boss told him. He nodded and walked back downstairs and went back to work.

The recess bell rung and all the kids ran outside. Aliyah sat on the bench and cheered for her friend.
"GO DOMINIQUE" She yelled he gave her a thumbs up and they kept playing.

A football was thrown Aliyah's way and Steve looked at her and smiled. She looked at it and tried to throw it but it fell out of her hand. Which made the boys laugh at her. She tried again and they boys laughed even harder.

She hated that her cast on her right hand everything was harder for her to do. Her hand writing sucked and eating was hard to do the food would keep falling off the spoons and fork.
"Shut up Luca and stop laughing at her" Mark said walking over to her
"Sorry" Luca responded  Mark taught her how to throw with her non-Dominant hand. She finally got the hang and threw it to the guys. They caught the ball and started up their game again.

Aliyah smiled at Mark and sat back down.
"You playing with us today" he asked her.
"Nope" Aliyah said watching Dominique play. Steve walked up to Aliyah
"Can I sign your cast at the end of the day" He said averting his eyes from her's
"Yeah" She responded. Steve walked away with his hands in his pockets and a smile.