Chapter 41

Winter came around and Aliyah was sitting in her room doing homework. She was taking a break from messing with boys at the moment since her grades were slipping from not turning her work in. She took a break and scrolled through her phone when a messages from Anderson popped up. She clicked on it wondering what he wanted.

Anderson: What you doin
Aliyah: Work
Anderson: Oh my bad hmu when you finish
Aliyah: Ight

Aliyah started doing her work again trying to figure out the last question. She was looking at the work frowning trying to figure it out what it was. She redid the math equation to find "X" . Aliyah leaned back and took a deep breath.

"ALIYAH" Mark yelled

"WHAT"

"STEVE IS HERE"

Aliyah sighed standing up wondering what he wanted. They rarely talked since they had no classes together. And Steve always had girls around him now since he was starting to grow a backbone and put himself out there more. While Aliyah doing her work trying to bring up her grades.

"Hi Steve" she said looking at him in his new black leather winter coat and jeans while he walked inside.

"Hey beautiful" He said smiling then noticing that she wasn't smiling

"What's wrong" he asked looking at her

"Nothing just trying to finish up some work" She told him Steve knew she was doing math work cause that was the only class she struggled in.

"You doin math" he asked

"Yeah how you know"

"You got that look on you face"

Aliyah smiled liking how much Steve paid attention to her moods. He was the only boy that she could actually see herself with. He was the only one who called her "beautiful" while the others called her sexy and fine. Steve made her feel wanted and she didn't want to loose that feeling but she didn't want to get hurt either.

"Whatchu come here for Stevie it's freezing outside" Aliyah asked.

"I can't see you" he asked her

"You came for something Steve or else you would've texted me" Aliyah said trying to cause a fight.

"Why you tryna fight with me" Steve asked her seeing right through her plan

"I'm just askin ain't no one tryna cause a fight" Aliyah told him rolling her eyes.

"I ain't come here to fight l just wanted to see you so stop tryna fight me" He told her getting serious with her but keeping his composure the same.

Aliyah smiled and decided to keep on pushing him "That ain't a good enough reason Stevie"

Steve sighed and started walking to the door. He was upset Aliyah was still acting childish. He really thought she was maturing and was disappointed. He walked out the door waving at the twins and Steve. Aliyah followed after him noticing he was getting tired of her acting like a kid.

"Steve I was just playin" Aliyah grabbing his hand.

"I told you to stop playin with me " he told her.

"Aw'ight I won't do it again" she said hating herself for not bringing a coat outside.

"You gotta show me first" he starting to walk again.

"Come on Stevie I was playin don't leave" Aliyah said rubbing her arms. Steve looked at her and smiled."I'm forreal Steve I was playin" she told him with her teeth starting to chatter. Steve turned around and walked towards her."You gotta girl freezing out here" Aliyah mumbled

"Ain't no one tell you to walk out here without a coat" Steve said chuckling and hugging her

"If I get sick I'm blaming you" she told him opening her door and walking upstairs.

Steve followed her and helped her with her math homework. She smiled and turned on the tv happy she finished her work. Steve sat next to her smiling and looking at her lips. He grabbed her face and kissed her Aliyah smiled liking how he grabbed her. They kissed for a while before Steve's phone went off. Aliyah looked and saw it was Jamal calling then took his phone.

"Who's Jamal" She asked laughing

"Aliyah give me the phone" he asked trying to take it

"I'll give it to you if you tell me who he is"

"I'll tell you after I take the call" he said tackling her and taking the phone. Steve laid on her while he pressed the answer button.

"Right now" Steve asked
"Aw'ight I'll be there" he said hanging up.

Aliyah looked at him wondering what Steve was talking about. Steve got off of her and looked at the tv putting his coat on.

"Who Jamal" Aliyah asked stopping him from putting his coat on

"My mentor" Steve responded

"For what"

"Life" He told her putting his coat on.

Aliyah didn't know what he meant and didn't care either. But whatever Steve was doing with Jamal it was having an effect on Steve and Aliyah was noticing it.

"You gotta leave now" Aliyah asked hugging him

"Yeah I'll come back sometime this week" Steve hugged back

"Ima be waiting" Aliyah responded looking up at him

"Aw'ight beautiful" Steve said kissing her and walking out saying bye to everyone. Aliyah watched him walking down the street with a wide smile starting to write about Steve.

Steve walked down the street when he saw Jamal's car. He got inside while Jamal took him to the warehouse. He was wondering what Jamal was going to teach him today. Jamal glanced over at Steve who was smiling.

"You were with Aliyah today weren't you" Jamal asked

"Yeah" Steve responded

"What's yalls relationship now"

"Ion know it's complicated like ion want to date her but ion wanna see her with nobody else"

Jamal laughed at the answer and said "you can't play the fence like that wit her, she probably got a line of niggas tryna fuck wit her and you sittin around playin, life is about choices man you gotta pick one"

Steve was leaning back thinking about what Jamal was telling him. He didn't want to see Aliyah with someone else but she was still with her childish attitude. Steve decided to leave Aliyah alone for a while. He didn't want to have her because as soon as he got her Aliyah would start playing her games.