Chapter 8

The next Jeopardy game rolled around and Dante joined her team which made the girls even more angry at her. Aliyah answered the questions correctly and won the candy for her group. Dante smiled thinking that his planned worked but she handed the bowl to Mark.
"Whatchu doing Aliyah" He asked her.
"I wanna talk to you during recess" She said smiling at him then listening to the rest of the lesson.

Recess rolled around. Dante and Aliyah snuck out of class and walked in the hallway. She decided to kiss him that's what her mom always did when she wanted him to follow her.
"What do you wanna talk about" Dante asked her. He was getting impatient thinking about the other two eating candy in class and not saving any for them. She pulled him in a corner and kissed him.

He was shocked no girl ever did that to him they were all too afraid to be alone with him. He liked it and kissed her back. They walked back into class holding hands. The girls were all jealous of them and started whispering amongst themselves. Dante couldn't stop smiling at Aliyah. She gave him some of the candy and talked with her best friends.

"Can I walk you home" Dante asked Aliyah.
"Yeah if you wanna" She said smiling she knew that she had Dante wrapped around her finger and she was going to use him like he tried to do with her. They left the school and Dante walked her home and kissed her again.
"Bye" Aliyah said smiling.
"Bye" He told her waving and making his way home. Aliyah smiled at her accomplishment. She would crush him and make him think twice about even trying to use her for his advantage.

When she got home she saw the dishes were piled up and clothes all over the floor.
"Daddy" She yelled. No response she saw her siblings sleeping on the bed with tear stains on their cheeks. She let them sleep and washed the dishes then tried her best to fold the clothes like her mother did. She didn't particularly care about being home alone for a little while her parents did it all the time.

She sat down and turned the T.V. on and watched cartoons then ended up taking a nap.
"Sissy" Jackie said shaking Aliyah awake.
"What key" She said rubbing her eyes.
"Where's daddy" She asked her.
"I don't know" She told her shrugging and looking out the window noticing it was dark outside. Maybe he's at another job. She thought to herself trying to calm herself.

Aliyah checked the time and saw it was eight and she decided to make dinner for her siblings. She made noodles and put them in the bowl and cooked them for her and set them on the dinner table and woke up her brother for dinner. They ate silently before Aliyah decided to start up some conversation.

"How was daycare" She asked smiling at them.
"Fun we got candy because we were being good kids" Jackie said smiling and leaning in her chair. Aliyah looked towards Jack and saw that he was falling back asleep in his chair she picked him up and brought him into bed.
"Come on key lets take a shower" Aliyah said grabbing her little sisters hand and pulling her into the bathroom. Jackie stripped and washed herself while Aliyah helped her wash her back the put clothes on her. The warm water made Jackie tired and after Aliyah put the pajamas on her she was out like a light.

Aliyah took a quick shower after her sister and laid in the living room and looked at the pictures of her late mother. She grabbed one and laid down on the couch then cried herself to sleep.