Chapter 24

Aliyah grabbed her lunch and sat at the table with her girlfriends. She listened to their conversation while she ate quietly.
"Aliyah you wanna come with us to the basketball court" Tonya asked.
"Yeah what y'all do there" Aliyah asked
"Just watch the boys" Shayla said looking at her
"Nah y'all watch the boys I watch Marcus" Leilani said smiling.
"Marcus ugly but Mark cute" Shayla said
"Which Mark" Aliyah asked for clarification
"Woods" Shayla responded Aliyah got quiet and ate her food.

The end of the day rolled around and Aliyah walked to the court with her friends. They walked inside and sat on the bleachers looking at the boys. Except for Aliyah she was in her phone laughing at memes.

"Ima talk to him" Leilani said standing up and walking over then coming back.
"Which one is Marcus" Aliyah asked.
"The tall Brownskin boy with the fade" Leilani said smiling
"Let's go" Aliyah said standing up and pulling Leilani by the hand. Walking over to Marcus and sitting in front of him.
"Aye Marcus you got girls staring at you" a boy said Marcus looked and saw Leilani and Aliyah but he had his eyes on Leilani. He smiled and played a little more before walking up to her. Aliyah stood up and walked away smiling feeling like Cupid.

Some boys walked up to Tonya and Shayla smiling afraid to talk to Aliyah because of her resting bitch face. Aliyah put her earphones in bopping to the music and mouthing the words. Watching other people play the game.
"Ima talk to her" A pretty boy said looking at Aliyah
"She got a boyfriend" Shayla said.
"Who"
"She dating Steve"
"Shy nigga?" Pretty boy asked
"Yeah him" Shayla said laughing

Pretty boy walked over to Aliyah wondering how Steve got with her. He walked up to her and took her earphones out.
"Whatchu touching my shit for" Aliyah said looking at his hazel eyes.
"I wanted to talk to you" pretty boy said.
"You can't tap me on the shoulder or sumthin" Aliyah asked frowning.
"Nah I wanted your full attention"
Aliyah laughed and said "what's your name"
"Keith you Aliyah right" he asked pretending like he didn't know who she was even though he saw her around town and heard boys talking about her in his school.
"Yeah dats me" Aliyah smiled knowing he knew who she was.

Steve walked into the court with Bryan and two other boys. He saw Tonya and knew Aliyah was somewhere near by
"Hey Steve" The girls said in unison he waved at them with a smile.
"Y'all know where Aliyah at" he asked looking at them.
"She over there" Shayla said pointing at her
"Thanks" he said making his way over to her.

Aliyah saw Steve and smiled he kissed her and glanced at Keith
"Whatchu doing here" he asked her
"I came with my friends to watch people play" Aliyah said smiling at him
"You ain't wanna come and spend time with me" Steve asked pretending to be hurt.
"Shut up Stevie" Aliyah laughed kissing him he laughed and played basketball with his friends.
Keith looked at Steve and chuckled he a soft nigga he thought to himself.