Chapter 47

Aliyah was at the farmers market selling her clothes. She smiled as many people were walking up to her booth. Aliyah saw a familiar face at the market and wondered if it was the girl she talked to at the mall. Aliyah sold out of clothes again and she started pushing her empty rack.

"Hey kiddo" The lady said

"Hey" Aliyah responded looking at her confirming it was the mall lady

"I saw your clothes and I need an intern for my business how old are you" She asked her

"15 but my birthday next week" Aliyah responded

"Ima call you in and see what you can do what's your number" She asked

Aliyah gave the mall lady her number and the mall lady gave Aliyah hers. They walked in their separate ways. Aliyah walked home a smiling mess. She always dreamt of becoming a fashion designer and now the pieces were falling into place.

Mark was at home cooking breakfast for himself while Aliyah was selling her clothes. He was sixteen and decided to call Jamal since he didn't want to be in the drug business anymore since he could get a job now. Jamal agreed to meet him around twelve at the basketball court.

Noon came around quickly and Mark was at the basketball court with Jamal underneath the hot sun. They were talking about irrelevant things when Mark decided to tell Jamal what he wanted to do. Jamal nodded to him happy that he was confronting him about his decision.

He looked at Mark dead in the eyes and said "You can leave after selling my drugs for one last time in Westbrook"

"Awight I gotchu" Mark smiled standing up while Jamal gave him the drugs.

Mark made his way to Westbrook knowing that Jamal's territory was not as known there. He stood on the corner in the hot sun selling his drugs while people walked up and down the street. He was excited to sell all of his drugs then go home.

Aliyah was sitting at home by herself since the twins were at  a friends house and Jordan was with his grandma. She was bored and didn't have anyone to mess with. Aliyah was singing to the music and flipping throughout the house when she got a phone call. She picked up noticing it was a group call from her friends.

"Hey" Everyone said in unison

"Hey" She responded out of breath

"Why yo ass breathing so hard" Tonya asked

"She just got done fucking Steve" Shayla said

"Exactly she was moaning his name saying yes Steve harder harder uhhh" Delilah moaned causing all the girls to burst out laughing

"Fuck all y'all bitches I was flipping and singing"

"You was flipping on his dick" Leilani said

"Y'all play to fucking much" Aliyah smiled

"Anyway we called you to see if you wanna walk around town with us" Tonya asked

"yeah where y'all wanna meet up" Aliyah asked

"The basketball court" Tonya responded

"Aye wait where's dat at" Delilah asked picking up slang from Christian and other boys she fucked with.

"We can walk there together lilah" Aliyah said

"Aw'ight see y'all at three" Tonya said hanging up and everyone followed.

Aliyah walked out of her house the same time as Delilah and they made their way to the court together. Occasionally getting stopped by teenage boys. They turned them down and walked towards the court. The finally got there and her friends were already sitting on the bleachers. The "twins" sat with them and watched the boys play looking at their butts.

"Hey" Keith said walking up to Aliyah. He had gotten taller and was looking even more handsome than before.

"You still afraid to mess with me" Aliyah asked

"I was never afraid to mess with you"

"Ok Keith" Aliyah said hugging him

"When you gonna let me go with you"

"Ion know" Aliyah smiled at him watching the boys play

"Come on liyah I wanna go with you" he told her

"We don't even talk like dat" Aliyah responded

"So lemme start talking to you then" he said

"Aw'ight when we do then ima think about it"

"Lemme talk to you right now then" he asked her

"Naw not right now me and my girls gettin ready to go"

"Fine you goin let me get a hug then"

Aliyah got up and hugged him then walked out the court with her friends. They walked to the ice cream shop walking past Quentin's house.

"Hey Y'all"Quentin smiled standing up having his eye on Shayla

"Hey" they responded looking at Quentin then Steve.

"Hi Steve" the girls yelled his name in unison except Aliyah he waved at them. The boys were jealous at how much attention Steve got.

"Y'all know we exist right" Jim said

"Hey Bryan" Aliyah hugged him and Bryan hugged back. While the girls said hi to Jim.

"Aye meanie I ain't get no hi from you neither did ya boy Steve" Jim told her

"Hi Steve" Aliyah said smiling at Jim

"Ima punch you if you don't say hi to me"

Aliyah laughed at him "you not gonna do nothing"

"Oh really watch me" Jim said walking up to her with his fist balled.

Aliyah stood there knowing he wasn't going to hit her. Jim just stood there and looked at her while Aliyah stared back at him. Jim knew she wasn't afraid and he backed off.

"Hi Jim" Aliyah smiled pushing his head and walking towards Steve. Jim smiled at her then looked at the girls who were being chased by Brian and Quentin and Jim decided to join in.

"Hey Beautiful" Steve smiled hugging her

"Hey Stevie" She said running her hands through his Afro

They sat on the steps and just talked and listened to music with each other while their friends were busy sitting in a circle telling stories. Aliyah laid her head on his shoulder Steve knew that he might not have Aliyah now but he was going to have her some point in their life and he was willing to wait.

Mark was at the corner when a police car pulled up to him. Mark started walking away. The policed ran up to Mark and tackled him. He fell down with his head hitting the pavement. His vision started to blur he couldn't tell of it was the tears in his eyes or his vision being messed up due to his head being slammed on the floor.

The officers read him his Miranda rights and threw Mark into holding. He sat back on the bench knowing he wasn't going to get out of this one. He leaned back trying to hold in his tears regretting the day he met Jennifer. Mark decided use his one call to call his mom telling her that he was sorry for what he did.