25

25; irl

it was the next day. the day athena had to get ready to share the big news. she didn't know what to think. she was scared and nervous. she didn't know if everything would affect her relationship with jack, and that was what frightened her the most.

the girl made her way to her mother's house as scared as ever. it wasn't a bad thing, but it was definitely huge.

she knocked on the door, before the door swung open by ryan, who was with his girlfriend, rhyann.

"hi, ry. hi rhyann." athena said with a smile on her face.

"hello."

"ry, where's mom?" the girl looked around.

"upstairs in her room" ryan said before plopping back down to the couch.

athena slowly made her way upstairs to find her mother cleaning her room. she slightly knocked on the half-opened door, which caused myta to look at her.

"hi, honey!"

"hey, mom. can we talk?" athena sat in her mom's bed.

"sure, what's wrong?" the woman sat next to her, placing her hand on her tight.

"mom, you know i graduated high school early and everything... right?"

"yeah?"

"i'm leaving for college in two weeks. new york city to be exact." athena was super worried. she didn't know how to act, but she calmed down when she saw the smile on myta's face.

"i'm so proud of you." myta hugged her daughter as tight as possible.

"i love you, mom."

"i love you too, thena."

one person out of the way. next, what scared her the most... jack.

word count; 261

-