3

Athena's pov

I woke up without having any motivation. The room was cold even though it was 1:00 pm. I stayed in bed for 1 more hour. I just couldn't find the way to get up. I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in." I said with my raspy morning voice.

"Hey, Thena. You okay?" Daniel asked.

"Yeah, i'm fine. I just don't feel very good." I said as I got out of my blankets.

"Okay, I was just worried." He said as he walked back to the door. "Bye." He said with a huge smile before leaving my room.

I got up and showered, brushed my teeth and then went straight back to bed. Then I decided to sit in my balcony. I took a picture jokingly but I liked it and decided to post it.

@athenagray: the worst thing it's wanting to hug your mother and not being able to

@athenagray: the worst thing it's wanting to hug your mother and not being able to. miss you mommy😪

jonahmarais, jackaverymusic, seaveydaniel, and 21,163,187 others liked this

comments are disabled

A couple minutes after I posted that picture, I received a call from my mom.

"Hey, sweetheart! Are you okay?" She said with that happy tone she always had on her voice.

"No, mom. It's 90 degrees in California and i'm freezing cold, on my balcony wearing a hoodie and leggings." I said almost breaking down in tears, because I felt so bad.

"Oh, sweetie! Did you take a cold shower? Because you must be burning hot with fever!" She said with worry in her voice.

"No. Plus, my attacks are back." I said curious with what my mother would say.

"How long?" She said after some seconds of silence.

"Yesterday. I saw him mom. I saw Nathan." I could not hold my tears anymore.

"Oh god, no. I swear if I was there I would've-." I cut my mom off.

"No, mom. That's not how you solve things." I said wiping my tears away.

"We're you alone?" My mom asked curiously

"No, I was with Jack." I said as I walked back into my room.

"Oh." she said. "So, you and Jack?" She asked after some seconds of silence.

"No mom, we are friends." I said obviously lying, not telling my mom how I felt about Jack.

"Athena, you've never been able to hide something from me. I know you like him." She said with a 'duh' tone.

"Yeah mom, I really like him. But first there's Zach trying to stop me from dating anyone, second he's my best friend, and I don't want to mess anything up. And third, he likes someone already." I said getting a little bit upset.