23

23 ; irl

"morning, gray." jack said as the girl went downstairs.

"morning" the girl yawned before hugging jack and pecking his lips.

"do you know what's up with zach?" jack asked as he let go of the hug.

"we argued yesterday, but don't worry about it." athena's mood suddenly dropped as she remembered the argument.

"you sure it's nothing?" the girl nodded before speaking up.

"babe, i'm- wait, sorry." she was going to continue, but her phone started ringing.

she checked the caller id, and it was her mom, so she quickly answered.

athena heard quiet sobs on the other end of the phone, which caused her to get a little scared.

"mom! are you okay?" the girl's tone alerted jack that something was wrong.

"n-no, baby. please come. bring zach too. we need to talk." myta sniffed before ending the call.

athena didn't say a word to her boyfriend, she just ran upstairs. she knocked loudly on zach's door, not caring that he was angry at her.

"zach? open the door please. it's very important!" the girl said still knocking on the door.

"i'm not gonna open, athena. what could be so important?"

"mom called me crying, she said we needed to talk."

everything grew silent for a second before zach opened the door. the two siblings ran downstairs with worry written all over their faces.

"jack, please drive us to my mom's house! i'm begging you it's important!"

jack didn't respond, he just grabbed his keys and ran to his car, the two following him. he quickly speeded off, arriving at myta's house in less than ten minutes.

"do you know what happened?" zachary asked his younger sister.

"i have no idea." the girl said before walking into her mother's house.

word count; 294

-

author's note;
i'm so excited for this book:)