epilogue

Epilogue

___

I was at home with Nathan today, the poor little guy was sick with the stomach flu, hopefully it'll be gone by the end of tonight. I heard the front door open from downstairs and smiled, I kissed Nathan's head as he sat in bed reading his book. Once I got downstairs I saw Calum standing behind Bentley and Skylar, he didn't look too happy.

"Calum, why are the children home early? Do they have doctor appointments I forgot about?" I asked panicking. He shook his head no and I stood their looking at Bentley and Skylar who both had their arms crossed over their chest.

"What happened then?" I asked concerned. It was only noon and the children are here early.

"Bentley, tell your mother what you did." Calum said, Bentley looked back at Calum and sighed.

"I um, I punched a ten year old boy in the face," He sighed, finally admitting to what he did. "But his brother was in eight grade and found out so he punched me harder." He said. My mouth dropped, Bentley wasn't the one to be violent, in fact all the children were innocent.

"Bentley Reed Hood, you better have a good explanation as to why you punched a ten year old in the face." I scolded him. He ran his fingers through his black hair that was up in a quiff.

"He was picking on Skylar, bullying her actually. I saw it when I came to give Sky her lunch, I forgot to hand it to her and he- Sky show mom and dad." Bentley said, his jaw tightened as he clenched his fist at his side. Skylar walked over to me and lifted her shirt up, a bruise forming at the side of her hip. Gasping I moved her dark brownish black hair out of her face and looked into her hazel eyes.

"Baby, did that boy hit you?" I asked her, she nodded and pulled down her shirt.

"I walked over their and told him to stop, he didn't so I punched him, it felt good too." Bentley smiled at the last part he said, but stopped when he meet my glare at him. "But the little boys brother who was older then me punched me in the face for hitting his little brother." Bentley said turning his head to show me his bruised cheek and busted lip.

"The busted lip makes you look badass." Calum said wrapping an arm around him, I gave him a look and he looked around the house whistling.

"Bentley you will be punished for starting a fight." I said, his mouth dropped and he tried to argue.

"But mom-" he tried but I cut him off.

"No, you won't be going unpunished." I said, he crossed his arms and groaned. Nathan walked downstairs slowly, standing in front of me.

"Not that I was eavesdropping or anything," Nate laughed lightly before he coughed, "What Ben did was, erroneous, but he did it to protect Sky. Don't punish him for being a good brother, mom." Nate said, he was a persuasive person, he knew how to read at a middle school level, for a fifth grader he had a big vocabulary.

I groaned, "Alright, I won't punish him this time. Next time Bentley you will be punished." I strictly told him, he nodded in agreement. Him and Nathan started to walk upstairs together.

"You're a really good brother, Nate." I heard Bentley tell Nathan, I smiled to herself.

"I'm not a total geek?" Nathan questioned smirking.

"You're still a geek, but one cool little brother." Bentley said messing up Nathan's hair that was slicked back, just like his uncle Ashton's hair was back when he dressed as smash.

Skylar followed shortly after as they all went to their separate rooms. I ran my fingers through my hair and groaned. Nathan's sick, Bentley's possibly suspended from school and Skylar is being bullied.