{four}

Chapter four
_________

// Camber //

I woke up with a splitting head ache, I must have drank too much. That's not like me to get jealous like that, but I guess it got the best of me, and it really shouldn't happen again.

I got up to check my phone and I got a text from Ashton.

*hey Cam, it's Ash,
So you sorta told me something I don't think I was aloud to know... When you get this call me asap.

- Ash xx *

What could I have possibly told Ashton that he wasn't aloud to know? Oh my gosh! I hope I didn't blurt out that I have feelings for Calum- er I mean, what feelings, gross I hate Calum.

Anyways, I picked up my phone and started dialing Ashton's number. It rang for awhile until he almost instantly picked up like he's been waiting for hours.

"Camber?"

"Yeah, what's up, you told me to call you." I said, I heard him sigh before continuing.

"You sorta told me something last night that I don't think I was aloud to know.." He sounded like it was a bad thing, and it very well could be, depending on what I had told him.

"What was it?"

"I'd rather tell you in person," he said. I heard rummaging and a door slam along with and engine running. "I'll be over in 10, see you then." And that was it, he hung up. I got up and stripped out of my dress I still had on. I put some skinny jeans and a tank top on as I threw my hair up into a messy bun.

"Mommy!" Bentley yelled from downstairs, "Ash is here." He called up to me. Wow that was less then 10 minutes, or did I actually take that long to get dressed? I'd rather not know at the moment.

I walked down the stairs to see Ashton, he ran his fingers through his hair before taking a seat on the sofa.

"So what did I tell you last night?" I asked a bit to fast. He sighed before opening his mouth to speak.

"You told me that Bentley was Calum's son." Once those words left his mouth I mentally face palmed myself. Why did I have to drink so much that I blabbed my mouth off to Ashton and reviled the biggest secret I've been trying to hide. Maybe I can lie and say I was joking.

"What are you talking about, Calum isn't-" but he cut me off.

"Camber, don't you dare lie to me. Is what you told me true? Be honest." I sighed finally giving up, at least someone knows now.

"It's true, but please don't tell Cal, I'm going to tell him once I've seen a change in him, and so far he's the same douchbag he was in high school." I stated folding my arms across my chest.

"Don't worry, I won't tell, as long as you tell him soon, he deserves to know Camber, and it's not fair to keep this from him." I scoffed at him.

"Not fair? Not fair is him beating me up for no reason, I didn't tell him for the sake of Bentley's safety. I don't want Calum to lash out on him, and until he's proven to me he's changed, Bentley being his will remain a secret until he can prove himself to me." I know this is being stubborn but I want Bentley out of harms way, more importantly out of Calum's way.

"I get your point but you've got to tell him soon, he's already missed what, 3 years of Bentley's life, I don't think he'd want to miss anymore." I nodded understanding what Ashton was getting at.

"You've got a point, I'll tell him soon."

"Good, now I'll just be off to-" but Ashton was cut off by a loud bang that was upstairs. Startled I jumped up from my seat. "What the hell was that?" He asked.