{thirteen}

Chapter thirteen
____________

That night I didn't sleep at all, I just watched Bentley worried that he'd wake up unable to breath. I was paranoid since I've never been through this before, I just want to be here when he wakes up. He started to stir in his sleep and I shook Calum awake.

"Hmm what is it babe?" He asked rubbing his eyes. Wait, did he just call me babe? Never mind.

"He's stirring in his sleep and I got scared." I admitted, I just didn't want anything to happen.

"Cam you need to get some sleep, you are stressing out and you need to relax and get some rest." Calum told me, he held my hands in his while rubbing small circles on the back of my hands.

"Calum I'll rest once Bentley is better and I know he's okay." I argued back quietly, he sighed but let it go. I really couldn't sleep I was too worried about Bentley to sleep.

-

It was time for the operation and I was shaking I was so scared, the thought of them putting our son to sleep freaked me out. They didn't put him to sleep yet, we had time to say a few things to him before they did all of that stuff.

"Bentley baby, mommy will be right here when you come out and we can have ice cream when your done for being so brave. Okay?" I explained to him, he nodded his head as he grabbed my hand in his.

"I love you mommy. I love you daddy." He said to Calum and I, Calum gave Bentley a kiss on the head before the doctor came in the room.

"Alright we're all ready for the operation, he'll be out in no time so just hang out in his room, there's a good court if you get hungry. Your son is in good hands ma'am." The doctor said, I nodded as they took Bentley away for his operation.

"He'll be alright Cam, here sit with me and we can talk to each other." He smiled leading me to the pull out couch.

"Talk about what?" I asked as I sat down next to him.

"Us, our favorite things, just anything." He gave me a cheesy smile and I nodded.

"Okay, favorite ice cream flavor?" I asked, he didn't hesitate to answer.

"Mint chocolate chip," he grinned, "what's your favorite movie?" He asked me, since I've watched movies only Bentley watches.

"Probably Monsters Inc, since Bentley loves watching that." I smiled, he gasped but smiled widely at me.

"That was my favorite when I was a kid." He told me, maybe he should watch it with Bentley, I can already quote it.

"Favorite color?" I asked him.

"Baby blue, what about you?" He asked me.

"Caribbean blue, it's such a beautiful color." I told him.

we talked forever and I didn't realize what time it was until I got a text from Luke.

* hey Cam, just wondering how Ben was. the boys and I are waiting at home with all his favorite things and we'll see you soon :)

-Luke x *

Those boys are so sweet and care a lot about Bentley, they would drop everything to take care of him especially Luke.

It was 12:30pm and they brought Bentley back into the room. He was still asleep and I panicked for a second.

"He did great, was a real trooper. The anesthesia hasn't wore off yet but you can take him home if you want or he can stay here until he wakes, it's up to you." The doctor told us, I wanted to wait until he woke up.