chapter ¹³

❝ Aries: earth below me, skyabove me, and fire within me ❞

Aries: earth below me, sky
above me, and fire within me

"I CAN'T BELIEVE that Kingston convinced us to spend our Sunday morning on something as boring as student council

"I CAN'T BELIEVE that Kingston convinced us to spend our Sunday morning on something as boring as student council." I had been braiding and unbraiding tiny strands of my hair to keep from dying of boredom.

"We were conned," Noah added.

"Oh, quit complaining, you get a free meal out of helping me," Kingston rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, that's pretty much the only reason why we're here." I could barely keep my eyes open and the job Kingston assigned us wasn't making it better. We were basically told to sit still and wait for people to pitch their ideas for prom. So far, there had only been cliché themes like "Starry Night" and "Enchanted Fairytale".

At first, Noah liked listening but then got bored listening to the same ideas over and over again, "How many more are there? We're meeting Sky in thirty minutes."

"Not a lot. Just, like, fifteen more."

"If there's another 'Starry Night' I'm going to leave." I told him angrily.

Kingston shrugged, "Hey, don't blame me, I'm not the one coming up with these themes."

"I bet I could come up with one. Like, how hard is it? Just do 'Neon Lights' or 'Disco Rave' or something fun like that." I proposed quickly and they looked at me thoughtfully.

"Yeah, we could call it 'Ready to Glow' or 'Get Up and Glow'." Noah said and Kingston clapped his hands loudly, suddenly very energetic for the morning.

"Ooh, I like that! We can have huge speakers and strobe lights and glow in the dark food. . ."

As we were talking, Bennett and the other student council members came back from the bathroom and sat down at the table.

"Let's be real, all of these themes are kind of bland, I say we just come up with one. Char and Noah actually came up with one—" Kingston was cut off by Bennett's stern voice.

"No, we have a perfectly good theme and it's going to be 'Starry Night'. I found some decorations in the storage closet so we're already halfway done—"