chapter ²³

❝ To catch an Aquarius's attentionyou must truly be someone different ❞

To catch an Aquarius's attention
you must truly be someone different

IT TOOK ONLY THREE days to finish the paperwork and get me back into school

IT TOOK ONLY THREE days to finish the paperwork and get me back into school. I didn't tell anyone I was coming back because I wanted to surprise everyone and see the looks on their faces.

Well, that was a wrong move.

When Sky saw me in my normal seat during culinary class, she looked more confused rather than happy.

"Char? What are you doing here?"

"I'm officially a student of Terebellum Rho. Again." I grinned.

"I thought you were staying with Mars?"

"It's a long story. I'll tell everyone at lunch, I have so much to talk to you guys about."

Sky's face fell a little, "Um, actually, we don't really sit together anymore. Noah sits with his student gov friends now and Kingston's always with his boyfriend."

"Noah's in student gov? Since when—wait a second, did you say Kingston's dating someone? Who?" The last time we suggested about setting him up, he threatened to kill us in our sleep.

"Yeah. There's a lot to catch up on." She shrugged and the conversation kind of died. So I decided to bring up a new topic to lighten the mood.

"So what are we cooking today?"

"Actually. . . Daphne's my new cooking partner." Sky bit her lip nervously.

"What? Really?"

At that exact moment, Daphne walked in and when she got to us, she looked at me expectantly. Like I'd just give up my seat.

"But I'm back. Come on, Sky, we gotta bring back the dream team." I joked but that just made the situation even more awkward. Neither wanted to call me out, all they did was share a silent look—something Sky and I did to other people.

Luckily, Mr. Fernando saw that I was back and saved me from just sitting there with a dumbfounded look on my face.

"Charlize, you can partner up with Veronica for today. She can catch you up on what we've been doing the past month." He told me and I nodded while grabbing my backpack and heading to the very front.