chapter ¹⁷

❝ Leo in one word: Dicaprio ❞

Leo in one word: Dicaprio

REGULUS WAS BUILT up to be this crazy, larger-than-life destination and it totally lived up to its reputation

REGULUS WAS BUILT up to be this crazy, larger-than-life destination and it totally lived up to its reputation. Even though all sectors were required to wear the same uniforms, the majority of people here tried to stand out by wearing the trendiest bags or shoes and doing their hair in the wildest fashion like they had come straight from Centrum. They were basically flawless while I felt like a potato.

"Is it always like this?" I asked, referring to the jazz band playing in the hallway and some dancers doing their routine by the vending machines.

"Not really. Chorus usually practice here, too, and there's always someone playing the saxophone. It's actually a quiet day."

"This school is huge." It was so different from the chill, easygoing atmosphere back home. Before actually stepping into the school, I hadn't expected to be so intimidated because I was too excited with the fact that I'd be in a new environment. It wasn't that I hadn't travelled—me and my family always spent the break going to new places—but I was going to try new things and completely embrace a different culture.

"You'll get used to it."

I was making my way up the stairs when my foot got caught on the carpet and I nearly face-planted. Luckily, Mars had faster reflexes and caught me.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, just a little nervous." I hadn't realized that I wasn't picking my feet up high enough.

"Don't be," he squeezed my arm and the action dialed my nerves back a little, "There's nothing to be nervous about."

"Mars, over here!" A peppy cheerleader with a super high ponytail and a muscular jock donning a shiny gold jersey ambled over. I recognized them from when we got pizza that one time.

"You're not wearing your jersey, it was jersey day!" Zayn playfully punched Mars in the arm.

"I know, I forgot."

"What? You never forget game days." Fiona shook her head.

I asked, "You guys don't have to wear your uniforms?" Even in carefree Terebellum, we couldn't wear anything besides our uniforms to school. Apparently, the school was under strict rules because of a previous issue or something.