chapter ²

❝ Taurus: a stubborn bull witheyes like an angel, horns like thedevil, and a heart like both ❞

Taurus: a stubborn bull with
eyes like an angel, horns like the
devil, and a heart like both

❝ Taurus: a stubborn bull witheyes like an angel, horns like thedevil, and a heart like both ❞

HE WAS STANDING RIGHT infront of me with a look in his light brown eyes.

Neither of us said anything, we just stared at each other.

"Are you just gonna stare at each other?" Austyn's obnoxious voice cut the silence and I immediately stepped out of the house and shut the door in their faces.

"I'm sorry, that was my brother." I apologized and I wanted to slam my brother's head in a brick wall.

"You're transferring to my school first thing on Monday." Marshall demanded.

My first words to my future soulmate hadn't been the last bit memorable, but neither had his.

I'd barely spoken five words to him and he was already bossing me around.

"And why can't you transfer to my school?" He didn't say anything and I assumed nobody had argued with him before. "We don't have to talk about this now."

He looked like he wanted to disagree with me but he let it go. How I managed to change his mind, I'd never know.

"I'm Char," I smiled, hoping he'd smile back.

"I'm Mars." He didn't smile but the angry wrinkles on his forehead disappeared. "My anger can get the best of me sometimes."

"That's okay." And it really was. "I'd be asking the same question."

We stared at each other until he stepped forward and grabbed my hand. His hands were rough and cold, but I didn't mind.

"Let's take a walk."

It was silent as we walked around my neighborhood. We passed by the opulent meadows and the flaming fields of the Terebellum sector.