chapter ²²

❝ If you give up easily, youshould not date a Capricorn ❞

If you give up easily, you
should not date a Capricorn

THE TRAINS HAD BEEN delayed for up to four hours so I was forced to sit in the station until they were up and running again

THE TRAINS HAD BEEN delayed for up to four hours so I was forced to sit in the station until they were up and running again. I was starving but didn't have enough money for food because I'd already used it up on the ticket.

Bored and seeking to waste time, I mindlessly scrolled through my pictures to do some housekeeping. When I came across some of Mars, my heart fell and for the first time since our fight, I felt a little sad.

My finger hovered over the delete button, debating whether to erase him from my memory.

"Char?"

Oh Gods, who could it be now?

I looked up and was surprised to see Esme the Virgo, dressed in a business casual outfit that consisted of a white blouse and black pencil skirt. I'd only met her once for a short time but we seemed to click well.

"Hey, Esme, what are you doing here?"

"I was interviewing for an internship. What about you?" She eyed my stuffed suitcase.

"I was staying with my match but. . . we got in a fight."

She took the seat next to me and gave me a concerned look, "Oh, I'm sorry. What about, if you don't mind me asking?"

"Just about his ex." I downplayed.

"That must've been a stressful conversation."

"You have no idea."

The announcer came onto the intercom and started listing the trains that had arrived. Unluckily for me, my train wasn't one of them, which meant I was stuck here for Gods know how long.