chapter ³³

❝ Sagittarius doesn't fall in love easily,but they make people easilyfall in love with them ❞

Sagittarius doesn't fall in love easily,
but they make people easily
fall in love with them

❝ Sagittarius doesn't fall in love easily,but they make people easilyfall in love with them ❞

MY EYELIDS FLUTTERED open as the heatless sunlight streamed into the tiny room.

It was the beginning of another week in hell.

I kicked the pile of blankets off of me and jumped to my feet. Getting up became routine. Everything became easier and things were done much faster; I was up and ready to go to work in fifteen minutes.

Since I had a few minutes in the morning, I stared at myself in the mirror. Truthfully, I didn't like what I saw. I resembled my old self too much. Putting on heavy makeup and wearing different clothes didn't change anything. I wanted to change more than just my appearance. I wanted to become somebody else but I didn't know how.

I played with the ends of my hair and an impulsive thought crossed my mind.

Dying my hair may have been the first step but cutting it was a different story. I rarely cut it more than two inches because I loved my thick, long waves that tumbled down my back. Everyone complemented my hair as it was the first thing people noticed and I was strangely proud of it.

So maybe it was time to cut it all off.

I parted my hair and visualized the length I wanted. Scissors in my right hand, I started with just a horizontal cut off the ends no longer than two inches. Then I kept snipping little by little until the ends tickled my collarbone. The back was harder to see so I had to pull it from the front and position another mirror to double check that it was even.

Yet I still didn't look any different, so I grabbed a handful of hair from the front and made one swift slice. My front hairs now came to my nose so I kept snipping until they rested just above my eyes. It was weird not seeing my forehead and even weirder having something almost obscuring my vision and oh no what did I just do?

No, no, it's what I wanted. Besides, it wasn't like I could take it back.

I gasped and widened my eyes when I saw all the hair on the floor. There was so much that it could probably be sent to make a wig or something.