chapter ⁶

❝ Virgo: master of puns, wordplay andreally lengthy rants dissecting peopledown to the most insignificant details ❞

Virgo: master of puns, wordplay and
really lengthy rants dissecting people
down to the most insignificant details

SEEING MARS IN OUR school uniform was strange, letting Mars walk me to class was strange—just having him here, living and breathing in the school I'd attended to for years, was strange

During break, Mars came by my locker. Some of my classmates gawked at us but mostly him. He was hard to miss, being that he was tall and muscular and extremely hot.

"I talked to the vice principal and she tried to align my schedule with yours but most of your classes were full." He handed me his schedule and I searched for my classes.

"We have gym, chem, homeroom and study hall together." I handed the paper back and looked at my phone for the time. We still had ten minutes before class. "I can give you a tour now if you want."

He nodded and after I switched my books, we headed towards the south side of the school.

"So this is where the library is and where all of the science classes are. Our chem class is right there," I walked us farther down the hall until we reached the east wing and we passed by several students with instruments in their hands, "And this is where the nurse's office is and all of the art and music rooms. I think this is the second time I've actually been down here all year."

"Your school's small." He remarked.

"Really? How many people were in your school?"

"Five hundred." That was only two hundred more than ours. "Per year." Nevermind then.

We walked through the north wing, which was probably the area he was most familiar with, and ended up in the same place we started.

During the time I was talking about the school, there had been something on my mind and for the first time in awhile, I was hesitant to bring it up.

"So," I began casually, "Um, I'm happy you're here but isn't it a long commute from your sector?" As soon as I opened my mouth, I wanted to take it back. He transferred for me, problem solved, I shouldn't question him.