chapter ³²

❝ To a Scorpio,jealously is just love and hateat the same time ❞

To a Scorpio,
jealously is just love and hate
at the same time

SOFT LIGHT TRICKLED through the curtains and gently coaxed me to open my eyes

SOFT LIGHT TRICKLED through the curtains and gently coaxed me to open my eyes. When I did, I found that Cade was studying my face.

"She finally wakes," he said as he lay beside me and I was surprised to see him up. Usually I'd be the one to wake him up for work.

"What time is it?" I stretched my arms.

"Ten. But it's Sunday so we can stay in bed as long as we want," he pulled me back into his arms and I giggled.

"Sounds good to me."

The day was ours to claim. The sun was unblocked by the clouds so it was a perfect day to take a swim in the lake and soak in the rays. Or we could lounge on the grass and bask in the lush scenery. Or we could stay in each other's arms here in our bedroom, not saying anything because we were perfectly comfortable just being near one another.

The room was everything I could've hoped for. I couldn't believe we got lucky enough to live in our own apartment. It was a peaceful and intimate space where no one could invade our privacy.

Cade and I were finally in a place where we could just be ourselves. No hiding, no sneaking around, no constantly looking over our shoulders.

We had all the time in the world—

A splintering screech jolted me from my dream and I immediately hit my head on the low ceiling. I swore loudly, which made Cade flutter his eyes though he didn't wake, surprisingly.

It was all a dream.

In reality, it was six in the morning on a Tuesday and we had to be down by the fields for work in an hour.

I slipped back into bed and desperately tried to go back to sleep so I could live in my dreams forever.

Our new place was very. . . tiny.

If you counted the space taken up by the bed and windows, the room was thirty by thirty square feet. Basically the size of my bathroom. Which brought up another issue; there was only one bathroom and we had to share with a bunch of other people. So if we had to take a shower or a long poop (no judgement, it happened), we had to wait our turn unless we wanted to give them a show.