15

Looking at the RV, Scarlett sharpens her knife against a rock, trying to get it sharp again

Looking at the RV, Scarlett sharpens her knife against a rock, trying to get it sharp again. Carl walks up to her, guilt on his face. "Scarlett? Can I tell you something?" He asks and Scarlett looks away from the RV, setting the rock and the knife down. "Sure bud." She mumbles and pats the spot next to her. Carl let's out a small sigh before sitting down next to her. "I stole this from Daryl." Carl admits, handing the gun to Scarlett.

"And I know you and Daryl are close, so he won't be mad at you if you give the gun back." Scarlett chuckles, twirling the gun in her hand. "Something else is bothering you. What is it?" Scarlett presses on and Carl frowns. "I killed Dale." Scarlett shakes her head.

"No. A walker did. Last time I checked, you aren't a walker." Scarlett teases and Carl looks up with a serious face. "I saw that walker when I went to the woods. It was stuck in the mud and I was throwing rocks at it. I was going to shoot him but it got loose and I bailed." Carl confesses and Scarlett throws her head back, blowing out a breath. "That is not your fault Carl. You didn't know. Don't beat yourself up about it." Scarlett comforts him, pulling him into a side hug.

"Do you wanna help me scout out the area?" Scarlett asks him, standing up from her spot. "Yeah." Carl mumbles before handing Scarlett her knife. Scarlett slides her knife in her holster before handing Carl the gun. "You'll need it, just in case." Carl hesitantly nods before grabbing the gun, putting it in the back of his pants. Scarlett nods her head in the direction of the field.

"What do you think of being a big brother?" Scarlett asks, looking away from the binoculars. "It's going to be fun. I'll actually have someone to look after." Carl answers and Scarlett smiles down at him. "You will be a great brother." She tells him and Carl giggles before looking up. "What are they doing?" He asks.

Scarlett looks over to where he is talking about, raising the binoculars to her eyes. She silently watches as they take down a walker, Shane continuing to beat it up, even after it is down. Scarlett swallows harshly before pulling down the binoculars. "They're-Uh killing walkers. Let's go help everyone move into the house." Carl nods before handing Scarlett the gun. "Don't need Mom finding it." Scarlett rolls her eyes, laughing. She sticks the gun in the back of her pants before hiding it with her jacket.

"You go help your mom. I'll be right back." Scarlett tells Carl before heading up the hill to grab her stuff. She slings her duffle bag over her shoulder, her eyes landing on Daryl's stuff. She turns her head around to see the small group still working. Shrugging, she walks over grabbing his stuff in her hand and walking back down the hill.

Scarlett walks into the house, making her way to a corner, away from the group. She gently sets Daryl's stuff down before finding a corner of her own. This is going to be a new way to live.