Chapter 14

We had finally made it to the top of the ferris wheel, and it was the perfect moment.

Cody leaned in a bit more and I met him half-way. My hands made it's way onto his neck as his slid aroud my waist with ease. Our lips met and sparks literally flew.

Fireworks started to go off a little in front of us. This couldn't have been better timing.

His lips were so soft and gentle and welcoming. It made me feel safe. I smiled against his lips until we finally pulled away. It felt like the kiss had lasted forever.

We looked into each other's eyes before he removed one hand that was around my waist to his other side as we faced forward to watch the fireworks. I leaned my head onto his shoulder and smiled.

Could my first kiss have gotten any better?

Ch 14:

"...And we kissed! Then we got off and my dad texted me, telling me he was here. We met up with you guys, and said goodbye." I gushed about my night to the girls. Lindsey, Brooke, Madison, and Alli, who were all sleeping over at my house.

They all awed and I asked about their nights.

We all decided that we would go around in a circle, so Maddy was next, "Okay, so.. Well, After we all split up, I ended up going with Sean. We were both hungry so we went to one of the food booths. He bought fries and we shared. We just talked about random things." She blushes.

Brooke picked up after this, "Okay, so not a lot happened, but Austin and I talked a lot and got to know each other before we headed off to the ride where you go super high, and then just drop. So as we got to the top, he grabbed my hand, and I could tell Austin was a little nervous. So, I squeezed his hand and he turned and smiled at me. So after we got off the ride, he didn't let go of my hand! He just gave me a cute little smile and we walked around before meeting up with you guys." Brooke broke out into a huge grin.

Next was Lindsey's turn.

She laughed a bit before starting her story, "So, Ryan and I got to know each other while getting food before we went off towards the rides and met up with Maddy, Brooke and the boys."

Last but certainly not least, is Alli.

She rolls her eyes, "Where do I begin? Uh, Jake wanted to go into the haunted house, so I agreed. Worst decision of my life!" She laughs, "He was more scared than I was. He grabbed my hand and made me go in front of him. IN FRONT OF HIM! Like, seriously? I'm the girl. Anyways, so he was super freaked out. Once we got outside, he blamed his fear on nerves. So I walk like, 'why would you be nervous?' And he responded by kissing me! So, I guess it's official now, Jalli is real."

We're all in hysterics. Aw, poor Jake.

After we talked more, we all decided to go to bed. It was a long day, and we were supposed to be hanging out with the boys tomorrow.

~

"Hurry up!" I heard someone banging on the door to the bathroom.

As I wash the conditioner out of my hair, I yell back, "Oh, shut it! I'll be out soon." I finished up and thought about what I should wear today. Nobody told me what we were doing, so how should I know what the appropriate attire is?

After wrapping a towel around my hair and body, I walk out of my bathroom. I immediately spot the outfit on my bed, no doubt the courtesy of Alli Simpson.

I slip on a cream colored, loose tank top and regular, jean shorts. I blow dried my hair a bit, before creating a loose, fish tail braid.

I checked the weather on my phone, and it was supposed to be in the high 90's, so why even bother with make-up?