T W E N T Y - S E V E N | P O V

Valerie:

So we were talking on the porch, the night had been pretty good, he was happy that his friends liked me, and i was happy too. I wanted his friends to like me, because i wanted to be with him for a long time.

Why can't i fucking have a guy like me the same way i like him? we would never fucking know.

Some random, but gorgeous, girl walked to us, she probably is another of the thousand girls that like him, Because hey. he is fucking perfect. his face, his body, his jokes, his sweetness.

It wasn't until i heard Noah that i figured everything out and my blood started boiling.

She was Nicole, or well.. apparently not nicole, but Natalie, cuz the bitch was a fucking liar and Noah, didn't care if she was a liar, he was sooo hooked into her even if she had disappointed him the way she did.

His eyes were fucking bright, he looked genuinely happy, like he had always wished that moment to happen.

Of Course he'd be happy to see her. When i met him he was really into her, he couldn't forget the kiss they had, all they talked that night. and man.. the disappointment when he really understood i wasn't her, it was heartbreaking for him, at least.

SO how am i supposed to feel, when the boy who had to settle for me cuz he didn't get the girl he wanted, finally found her again?

Okay, it wasn't his fault that she went to that party, but the way he reacted to it, was what made me angrier. If he didn't care about her, he would have done things differently, but he didn't. and i hated feeling like that, so i left.

At first i was going to just go to the kitchen and get another drink. but when i got there and had time to clear my mind. I thought it was best to give him space with Nicole. space he probably wanted. So i drank a full glass of that disgustingly sweet punch and left that annoying party.

Without Noah, i had nothing to do there. He was literally the reason why I was there in the first place. So if he was going to be the whole party with some girl, i better leave him alone.

But it was easier said than done. I stood outside the fraternity house where he lived, looking at the door, for quite some time. debating whether or not i should leave. tears were running down my face, all the alcohol i had drink made me a lot more emotional.

I had 2 options. Go home and cry all night like the little bitch i am, or go and try to have some fun and not ruin my night.

Everyday valerie would do the first one. Drunk pissed off valerie was definitely doing the second one.

So i walked, probably 15 minutes, to reach this little bar close to campus. It was pretty empty, maybe most people ended up going to Noah's party, who knows? I walked in and walked to a stool on the bar. The bartender came to take an order, and i was glad it was Daniel.

Daniel was just one of the oldest friends i had in college. He was from Panama so when we met we hit it off quite quickly, it was cool To have similar culture and same first language.

He was weirdly over protective, like he was family, like an older cousin. So I decided to spend the night near the bar.

"Un mojito bien grande!" (one big mojito) I ordered when he asked me and he chuckled starting to prepare it in front of me

"V! No te veo desde el año pasado! Como has estado? Why the long face? "(I haven't seen you since last year, how have you been) he asked in a weird English/Spanish combination and I sighed shaking my head

"Todo el año ha estado bien... is just that... " (the whole year has been fine... )I sighed taking a big sip from the drink he just made me "today's been really shitty"