T W O | P O V

Valerie:

I walked down the halls with my hoodie over my head. I shouldn't have stayed up till 3 AM texting this guy. But he was so incredibly sweet i couldn't resist it.

I love a good chatter and listener. And boy, he was one of them. He kept rambling about his economics major and how he wanted to be part of this frat that would give him important contacts or whatever.

He kept insisting on calling me Nicole, even though i tried repeatedly to tell him that He was given a wrong number. He just thought 'Nicole' was nervous for the kiss they had, and she was just trying to pretend not to be herself.

Either way, He was constantly bringing up really interesting topics to talk about. Me, as an art major, didn't really want to talk about art everyday. So when he brought up his economy topicS into the conversation I let him go on, asking questions and learning new things.

I had a remarkable memory, I can store so many information in my brain and never forget it without any trouble, that's why everyone around me was upset when i said i didn't want study math, physics or even law. In school i used to do so great because of my memory. But that just made me love art more, because it was a challenge, art was something that i couldn't just learn by a book. You had to live it.

"How is mah gurl doing?" Christopher, My best friend said while resting his hand around my shoulder.

"Nothing much, Chris" I sighed when i closed my locker door. I was really sleepy today. When i turned around, Christopher held my face pressing my cheeks together in his hand, and looked at my eyes.

"Valerie Hernandez, You have bags under your eyes. Were you f*cking all night and didn't tell me?" He said raising his perfectly plucked eyebrow at me

"Gosh, no" I replied rolling my eyes. "I was just texting this guy"

"Is he cute?" He asked letting go of my face and smirking interested in my story

"Don't know...." I said shrugging.

"How can you be texting a guy all night and don't know how he looks? You need to see if he is fucking material" He exclaimed going crazy about me not asking him for nudes yet.

"Not everything is sex, Chris" I shrugged "Noah is super smart" I smiled to myself

"You're such a dork, my amiga" He intertwined elbows with me as we walked down the hall

"So... since your texting love story is making my yawn... I'll tell you about my spicy weekend with Juan." He tried to say 'Juan' with a latino accent, which made me let out a laughter.

"You f*cked all weekend and now can't even stand?" I say giggling and he blushes but laughs too

"In fact, I couldn't yesterday, but girl, he is my dream Boy" We both walked together into our sketching class, Chris was majoring art with me so i saw him pretty often.

During the whole class, in every opportunity we got, Chris would ramble about Juan and his big muscular body, or his very hot spanish accent and how , in 3 years, he was going to have a house full of cute little babies speaking spanish.

Chris would think he was in love with every guy he slept with. By now, he didn't even suffer a broken heart because he has been dumped infinity of times. But to me, love was more complex than that.