S I X T E E N | P O V

Noah:

Valerie agreed to come to the party and i was thrilled,  sadly this party wasn’t at all what i had expected. I had been going from bar to bar inviting people to come to our party and then i was driving around town buying food and drinks that were running low every hour.

I barely had any time to see my phone and it was killing me to know Valerie was probably at my party and i was out here driving around town not being able to see her.

I parked my car in the garage from the frat house and then proceeded to take a huge box of beers from the backseat. I picked it up and walked to the porch in the back seeing the same girl i had failed to ask for her name sitting there,  again alone and on her phone.

I walked to her and put the box of beers on a table. I sat next to her and smiled “Hey,  you came!” i said a little happy, but for some reason my feelings for this girl were not the same as the previous party. I wanted to be friendly but nothing else. I had Valerie now,  and she was in this same party, i just had to find her.

“oh,  hi” She said shyly ,  i remember she mentioned she liked a boy,  and that’s why she was so ‘distant’ to me. I wonder how things went with that.

“how are you doing with your classes? midterms are a real hustle right?” She just smiled and nodded,  then i remember i never got to know her major, or her name.

“How are you doing with your tests?” she asked looking at me and i shrugged

“Okay,  i guess i passed all of them” I said scratching the back of my head “ i’ts just hard to learn all of this concepts that you’re probably never going to use…” I shrugged and she laughed a little

“I don’t suffer much from that,  I don’t get many tests…” She said smiling “Mostly assignments”

“really? how come? what are you studying?” I asked now a little curious about it

“I’m majoring in art” she simply responded,  now that was a big coincidence, wasn’t it?

I pursued my lips not knowing what to ask next and she added “I mean,  not that i would care to get a lot of tests… I have a pretty good memory”

Then again… just like my Valerie does… was it a coincidence? should i look more into it?

“I’m really sorry about our previous two encounters,  i didn’t ask much about you” i chuckled “such an asshole right?” she laughed and simple shrugged “What’s your name?”

“You can call me V...”

and then i almost choked on my own spit. She was right in front of me,  and she was gorgeous, the second i realized who she was, she turned 10 times more beautiful. My lack of words made her speak again.

“You know,  V stands for “

“Valerie” We both said at the same time,  and she frowned when i told her that

“how did you know? anyways i don’t like that name,  so just call me V” she turned her head to the side

“My valerie…” Was all i managed to say and she looked weirdly at me. I only leaned down and pressed my lips to her. She didn’t kiss back,  and placed a hand on my chest pushing me away.

“Okay… first of all,  I’m waiting for someone,  Second of all, I’m no one’s property for you to call me “your valerie” and third,  It’s V, not valerie!” She whined, and god she looked cute.

“of course it’s you! why didn’t i see it before?” I chuckled and leaned down to kiss her again. this time she pulled away and slapped me across the face. She quickly stood up from the bench and walked into the living room. Looking furious

“Valerie wait!!!! it’s me!” I followed her but she didn’t hear me,  when i got into the living room and i had lost her in the crowd. I sighed heavily and walked back to the porch,  to pick up the box of beers and to take it to the kitchen were they had all the beers.

“Hey noah! “ the other guys told me when i walked in with the beers “instead of hitting on and getting rejected,  can you finish bringing everything from your car? we need the stuff.

I rolled my eyes,  probably someone saw what happened and told everyone,  but i wasn't too worried, i was more worried about Valerie hating me for kissing her,  not knowing i was Noah.

I walked to my car and took my phone out for the first time tonight. seeing a couple of messages from her.

“where are you?” I texted her and resumed my activities,  bringing everything else i bought into the kitchen. But then i was assigned to be the leader of the beer pong game. And i groaned walking to the living room.

I was leading the beer pong game,  and drank a lot of beer as well. Everyone was super hyped about it and they were all being really loud. When the game ended i walked to the side,  leaving the drunk people and walking a pretty tispy noah out of the living room to a quieter place.

An hour ago,  she texted back saying she was in the basement,  i quickly ran down there, but i didn’t find her ,  obviously, i left her waiting for an hour.

I called her,  not caring that she had never answered my calls before. I needed to know where she was,  immediately. When i was about to hang up after several beeps, i heard a soft angry voice picking up

“if you’re calling to apologize save it,  i came to this party just for you and---” The phone call ended. I groaned frustrated and called her again,  but it didn’t even ringed. She fucking ran out of battery, fucking perfect!

I came out of the basement and looked for her everywhere in the house,  but it was so crowded that i couldn’t find her anyway, i kept trying and trying to ring her phone,  but again, it was still dead.

______________________________

A/N: my favorite episode to write, super exciting and super frustrating, Noah knows, she doesn't cuz she's dumb af but hey! Finally right?