7. Dramatic Tears

Hi, minna!

Well, thank you for 400+ reads! You're the best!

Let's start the chapter!

-/-/-

Chapter Seven - Dramatic Tears

-/-/-

"Hey, have you seen Erza?"

"Can't believe you have the guts to date her, man," Natsu said.

"I don't care, where is she?"

"I saw her go outside of the guild in a hurry!" Cana yelled.

"Okay, thanks!"

---

Erza ran after the blue-haired woman that just kept crying. Of course, she felt as guilty like she was when she left the Tower of Heaven.

But, it's a different kind of guilt. I've betrayed my nakama. I brought shame on the name of Fairy Tail, Erza thought.

"Juvia, please, stop running and listen!" Erza yelled.

"Juvia does not need to listen to Erza! You hurt Juvia's feelings, even though you told me that you'd never betray your own nakama!"

Erza stopped running. She felt her heart sink down to her stomach. She felt guilty.

"Erza! Juvia!"

They both turned around and saw Gray running to them.

"Gray..." Erza mumbled.

"Gray-sama..."

"Cana told me something about you guys arguing," Gray scratched the back of his head.

"It's nothing," Juvia said, "Just a little trip to the ice cream store."

Lie.

"Really? Can I come?"

You're wasting your time, Gray.

"No."

"Erza, it's just ice cream," Gray said.

"It's... you two go on."

What is Erza-san saying? Is she letting Juvia and Gray-sama go out together? Juvia thought.

"F-Fine," Gray nodded.

The two walked away, not noticing the tears slowly streaming down Erza's cheeks.

This is why I do not try this love thing.

---

Erza just ate her strawberry cake emotionlessly. Mira watched her as she gave her a glass of water.

"Is everything alright, Erza?"

"Yes."

"Is the cake bad?"

"No."

"Is it Gray?"

"It's never him."

"Tell me what's wrong, then," Mira sat down, "I'm still your friend, Erza."

Erza sighed, "There's nothing wrong. I just need to do a quest, I guess. To hit something."

"Like, an three-eyed, smelly, gooey, green-skinned, slimy, creepy beast with three purple horns on its head?"

"Exactly."

---

"Done. That's the way you do it, Lucy."